5 steps to win a ranked game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steelborris

28-04-2013

Hello, summoner!

You have probably just hit level 30 and might be going for the adventure to the Solo Que!
Well dont you hurry up, going to ranked is ment to be a serious action. How to win a ranked game? In 5 steps, I will tell you.

1. Master a role.

This is important. You cant go to ranked and play a random role. Go get a champion you think fits you, check out what lane he is, look if lane is good for you, get runes for the champion or the lane and simply practice in normal games for perfection! In my case.

I decided to learn the jungle role for many reasons: 1. In s3, game builds around jungle, the jungle is more important now and a good jungler can win the game. 2. not requied to last hit (its what i had problems with and found out junglers dont need that ability) and 3. I just felt that jumping out of nowhere, tanking and being the front liner that opens up is the thrilling and awesome thing, like you are the artillery and should bomb em down.

I remember how I mastered yorick back when I was playing toplane in s2. I was on a 13 win streak! No joke! Proffessionalism makes it all!

Try every role out, find out whats perfect for you, master it and go pro.

2. Focus on the game.

This is what people dont understand when playing ranked. Its not about showing of the size of your e-pen1s to others, its about winning. I often see players spending more time in chat than actually playing, which is the cause of many defeats.

Look, if you took ranked que, you have to be serious. When you are in game, you have to think, go through logical decissions, outsmart and overcome, not speak the entire game. Just for the sake, dont blame/curse/flame for a small mistakes. If its 0:5 its still winnable.
Just take in mind that your role takes the 20% responsobility for the outcome of early, mid and late game. If you will keep talking, you wont win. Your team needs your actions, not words. Dont play on emotions, play the game. When you rage, your heartrate raies up to 140-160 b/pm, which causes release of adrenaline and its not good for your health! Continous raging may lead to a heart atack!

3. Dont take criticism too hard.

People often get criticized for their mistakes and usually in a swearing manner. Dude, if I'd respond to every thing that my teammates complain on, Id remain in bronze 5 forever. If you will respond with them to mind their own buisness, its not going to work. The best decission is to stay silent. Dont respond, will cause less crapp.

4. Raise the morale of your team.

This is what you will have to do if you wanna win. We all do mistakes, and then go sad faec all over. Teammate died? Cheer him up! Teammate scored a kill? Congratulate him! You will be suprised by how this works. If a teammate is loosing, you could give them an advice. Just treat them like human beings! Acting positive > Acting negative.

5. Rate the situation.

Being good at league is about making fast and right decisions. You need to aquire the logical analysis skill. Ask yourself questions, look at the situation, basicly think while youre playing. Dont just right click recklessly, you have to use your brain. The fastest and the most correct decissions win the game. Rate the risk level, the reward level. Just rate whatever you do!
Is it good to engage? Are my teammates all here? Are my carries in a good position? Do we have our ultimates? How is their and our healthbar doing? Is it worth the risk?

This also goes to deciding if its good to play if I well, lost and raged/got a bad mood after that game. I have made the mistake of loosing so much games after being mad cause loosing the previous one. It takes so much practice to learn how to contain your emotions during the game. It needs to be learned.

That seems to be all, take this advice with you and go on your journey to gold, platinum or maybe even challenger tier? Who knows, only you can prove it yourself that you're pro!

Good luck on the Fields of Justice!
steelborris out.

SDMarukokun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelborris View Post
1. Master a role.

This is important. You cant go to ranked and play a random role. Go get a champion you think fits you, check out what lane he is, look if lane is good for you, get runes for the champion or the lane and simply practice in normal games for perfection! In my case.

I decided to learn the jungle role for many reasons: 1. In s3, game builds around jungle, the jungle is more important now and a good jungler can win the game. 2. not requied to last hit (its what i had problems with and found out junglers dont need that ability) and 3. I just felt that jumping out of nowhere, tanking and being the front liner that opens up is the thrilling and awesome thing, like you are the artillery and should bomb em down.

I remember how I mastered yorick back when I was playing toplane in s2. I was on a 13 win streak! No joke! Proffessionalism makes it all!

Try every role out, find out whats perfect for you, master it and go pro.
1b) But don't go to such an extreme that someone else picking your role or your fav. champ being banned/picked by someone else shuts you down.
The bottom limit for entering ranked was raised to 16 champions owned for a reason...

(partial exception might be picking supports; there's nearly always a shortage of supports...)

dancash1808

28-04-2013

1c) I would even say have a working knowledge of every single role and 1-2 champions for each.
frankly you will end up last pick sometimes and you wont always get a team witch is considerate to your wishes.
(and as for supports. its funny I only ever seem to run into support mains when I am duo queing with a friend adc/supp botlane)

Xoriath

01-06-2013

Thanks for this great post man i will try to apply what you said execept the 3 rule which i can't respect.Seriosly when someone says" fk noob jungler no gank "i have to say something about that.You should add to this post that having vision over the map can help you take/secure objectives and not only support should buy ward. WARD=75 GOLD DEATH=>ENEMY HAVE 300 GOLD.

NiNjArz

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoriath View Post
Thanks for this great post man i will try to apply what you said execept the 3 rule which i can't respect.Seriosly when someone says" fk noob jungler no gank "i have to say something about that.You should add to this post that having vision over the map can help you take/secure objectives and not only support should buy ward. WARD=75 GOLD DEATH=>ENEMY HAVE 300 GOLD.
Tell him you can't be everywhere, and that he should ward his lane. If he is a toxic player, he is most likely a bad player. Don't spend time on him, mute/ignore him and go make another lane fed! argueing will NOT work with these kind of people.

Xoriath

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNjArz View Post
Tell him you can't be everywhere, and that he should ward his lane. If he is a toxic player, he is most likely a bad player. Don't spend time on him, mute/ignore him and go make another lane fed! argueing will NOT work with these kind of people.
yeah man i think you are right time is very priceless in LoL and you have to use it well,intstead of using arguing

Krankshy

04-06-2013

Why react to someone who is insulting you? Its not like this is old japan and he is questioning your honour. Hes probably just a kid who had his toys thrown out of the pram. If someone cant communicate with you properly, you can make an attempt, but at the end of the day, the mute button is always there. My policy is that no coms is always better than listening to some of the kids that play lol.

Nareull

04-06-2013

I agree with most of what you said, but I would add one more thing:

6) Play for the TEAM.
Always have this in mind: your team has to win the game. Not you. Not one other player. The team. Everything you ever do, always do it for the team.

Everything you do that helps anyone on your team (EVEN IF HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!!) helps you win.
Everything you do NOT do that would harm or annoy someone on your team (EVEN IF HE DESERVES IT!!!) also helps you win.

So:
If you ward mid as the jungler, you help your mid prevent getting ganked - you help your team and thus increase your chances of winning. If you see that your support refuses to ward properly and you are ADC - get a ward as well. One well placed ward can prevent your team from being aced and can mean a difference between victory and defeat.
If you are e.g. ADC and you're doing badly this game, while your APC/Jungler/whoever is actually fed and stronk, do NOT qq that they are stealing kills. Do NOT act as if they are keeping you down and preventing you from carrying the game. HELP THEM. Use your CC, as limited as it may be, to protect them. Attack those who attack them even if it doesn't make much sense - not to grab a kill, but to protect your most valuable teammate.

Bear that in mind and you'll be a long way ahead.

Bilthryth

05-06-2013

If you keep a positive attitude, not only will it help you win games, you will enjoy the game more. Trust me, if i argued all the time (I do quite a bit anyways) i would not enjoy this game nearly as much.

q0Lop

18-06-2013

Good advice but effective only in Team Ranked games or Team games only. Hardcore practice yes !

Normal / solo / duo Q ranked no problem BUUUT you will have to be first and foremost :

- Be Calm ! Emotions are the thing that force you to make mistakes !
- Say only when you have something Objective + Positive to say ! Do not encourage your team in solo Q if after the first encouragement they make even 1 mistakes 60-90 sec after you congratulated them on something !!! That will make them make even more mistakes just say nothing - not even a "np" !
- Remember pointless to tell to anyone to be banned - works only against you;
- Helping noob teammates works against you - stay focused to the objectives.
- If your team mates refuse to use wards don't buy wards buy Eye of sight ( for junglers )

.... and much more...