Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

who is the best support role in lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverd1ck123

06-27-2013

I like soraka very much

Waagabondh

06-27-2013

I will have to go ahead and say Sona.

Sona got ranged poke with great burst at early levels into late game.
She have a steady, small, heal on a short cool down.
She provides movement buffs for the team.
She have one of the best ultis in game.

The worst you can do with a sona is play passive. Play her aggressive and you will give the team a damage dealer, a healer, a team player and a strong asset in team fights with an ulti comparable to amumus.

Taric is not bad he is tanky but he is far from as good as sona for the team.
If the team needs a tank however, Taric is great.

Leona is an initiator. She is great at it.

Leona falls flat if the team falls behind.
Sona is always strong, as she needs very little gear to be of great asset. And if team is weak she can carry them.
Leona can not carry a weaker team.

Tresh is very strong, but falls into the same pit as Leona. If the team falls behind, he really cant do as much.

Alistair is an overlooked champ.
Hes WQ combo is similar to Malphites ulti, but with cdr items and max ranked you are sitting on them at 8 second cool down, instead of 80 second.
Extremly good support, who is more tanky then taric, heals for among most of the champions, got a great combo in his WQ, and his ulti means he can initiate fights and just take it on.
If you dont learn how to WQ or not interested in it, this champ is not for you.
His main strenght lies in the fact he can combo WQ, which is as powerful as Malphites ultimate, less damage but same cc.

Monkfish1

06-27-2013

Quote:
LTDemon:
It also depends on what ADC you sre paired with. Lux atm is an OP support.

maybe she would be, i'm yet to see anyone actually play her as a supporting character. just the same mid build but with out farm to make it viable.

Waagabondh

06-27-2013

Quote:
Alhoki:
who is the best support role in lol? so you mean ap carries who can support to or just ''normal'' support champions?
i'd say taric has realy so much what it needs to be useful even without farm; eventough he needs armor now because of the nerfs to give a good armor aura, sona is similar but her ult is acctualy very good cc in teamfights. she cant bring as much to the botlane but brings more to teamfights ( she still has resistence/agressive aura )
but then with farm id say someone like morgana or galio who can fullfill the supportrole and protects the carry in teamfights

I just want to point out that Sona brings much much much more to a bot lane then taric ever can.
Why?

She have a 500 range poke, which if she casts it and they run away, it still hits, as the max range is 700. And its one of the highest low level burst damage spells among casters in game.

With sona, you need to be careful not to take all kills on bot lane, but back away if you know your ADC can handle it.

Taric have a stun, thats it, or he can go in for melee.

Sonas auto attacks hit like a truck, and her Q hits for very high burst.

At level 1, a double hit from Q can drain up to 40% of the enemy life. follow that up with an auto attack for double damage, as you just did your Q to gain 3 chords, and you can literally kill an enemy player rather fast.

Have plenty of double kills with Sona, close to triples. Taric will be glad when he gets one kill once in a while.

Too many play sona passively. The first ability you take with Sona, is her Q, and you max her Q before anything else. her Q is very mana conservative.
Your adc should take boots and pots, or a sword and pots, not get dorans.
You are there to secure kills and assist. Sona is not a great healer, but does heal good. But it costs a ton of mana.
an ADC that expects a Sona to run around and heal, is gravely mistaken.
Sone does far more damage to enemy champions at low level then any ADC can, the ADC is there to secure kills, or see them go to the Sona.

Usually when I play sona I am the one bringing champs down to 20-30% life left and then the adc goes in.

No other pure support class can do this but Sona. None other then Sona got this ranged burst poke and great auto attacks.

Sona is the best ADC bot lane support by miles if you play aggressive.

Waagabondh

06-27-2013

Quote:
Oskoff:
If you're looking for a single champion, I'd reccomend Zyra. She doesn't have the kill potential of Leona, the protection of Lulu or the poke of Sona however she is in a sense a jack of all trades. She gets to save money by buying less wards due to her plants, she has decent poke with q-e, she has really high burst for a support, she has the most AoE CC on a support (Leona has more single target CC). Not to mention her late game is monstrous... She's got a pretty high skill cap but she's definitely one to consider.

Good one.

Zyra is actually an excellent support class.
Some GP10 items on Zyra and she will be equally geared as everyone else, especially since she dont need to spent gold on wards during early game.

Tomas201

Recruiter

09-29-2013

Nami is the best support because she put stun and health,here ultimate was very good for teamfight.

Teshinator

09-29-2013

Leona.

theDkilz

01-31-2014

THRESH

Big Booty Turtle

02-01-2014

I play Zyra support. It works pretty good, even though you not have a shield or heal.
Look at Krepo.

churchie1996

04-02-2014

Quote:
DigitalNoodles:

Leona she got a great ult with a great inaithoor (dunno how to spell it)

You mean initiator