Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

who is the best support role in lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiengboy

04-30-2013

Well my top 3 support are:
Alistar he is the cc king
Tresh He is just great overal
Leona she got a great ult with a great inaithoor (dunno how to spell it)

Oskoff

04-30-2013

If you're looking for a single champion, I'd reccomend Zyra. She doesn't have the kill potential of Leona, the protection of Lulu or the poke of Sona however she is in a sense a jack of all trades. She gets to save money by buying less wards due to her plants, she has decent poke with q-e, she has really high burst for a support, she has the most AoE CC on a support (Leona has more single target CC). Not to mention her late game is monstrous... She's got a pretty high skill cap but she's definitely one to consider.

Bloodstalking

05-01-2013

Imo i like Karma,Thresh,Nami and Alistar.
They all have nice CC and great utility they bring to team.

BasketHomie

05-01-2013

ever tried sivir support?

me neither

BasketHomie

05-01-2013

no but really kayle is the best support on my opinion

iHateSwagFags

05-03-2013

I'd say Thresh for an aggresive lane, Blitz for teamfight initiator (landing a wrong pull in lane = dead adc), Janna for a sustain + poke lane (Lulu is great aswell, but janna shield = OP), Soraka for a passive lane.

Meta plays:
Ashe support (CC)
Sejuani support
Shen support

OzlotheMoose

05-03-2013

I would say Leona would be a good pick, always great at pinning targets down and neautralising them as well as good damage. However she is not great against characters with a long range E.g. Caitlyn.

However against Leona and similar (good initiates) pick Janna, her Q practically negates successful leaps or hooks. Plus a great shield, global movement speed boost and ultimate that disrupts positioning and heals.

Grab champs are great as well if played with good positioning E.g. Thresh/Blitz. Pick your target, bring them toward you + knock ups and ultis that either slow or silence.

All good picks, but can counter each other when played well. All situational in the end.

m4rtyy

05-03-2013

I would recommend you Leona.
She is a a solid pick, who doesnt get banned in ranked games like Blitz or Tresh.
I dont know what your gamestyle is?

Aggresive?
Poke?
Defence?

I prefer a aggresive playstyle. I like to kill early levels: 1 / 7.

m4rtyy

05-03-2013

The most populair supports nowadays are: Tresh - Leona - Taric and Lulu.

I would recommend you Leona.
She is a a solid pick, who doesnt get banned in ranked games like Blitz or Tresh.
I dont know what your gamestyle is?
Leone fits perfect in the current META-game, what is health.
With the right runes and masteries, you are unkillable with Leona compared to a Janna, soraka w/e.

Aggresive?
Poke?
Defence?

I prefer a aggresive playstyle. I like to kill early levels: 1 / 7.
Im a ADC, and i LOVE a leone by my side, cause of Leona's passive.

Tenkhiro

06-26-2013

Nami is my favourite.
She has a very long stun on her q (hard to land but rewarding), nice heal + damage on w, great buff for your adc for an e and a knockup plus a slow on her ult (hard to land but whatever, its good).