Vayne vs Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olafthebard

28-04-2013

So me and a couple of friends were having a discussion about Vayne and Tristana mid to late game, their strengths, which would win in a fight, essentially which is a stronger champion with a given set of items and equal skill.

So if both champions have Bloodthirster, Berserker Greaves, Infinity Edge, and Phantom Dancer, who wins in a 1v1? Who brings more damage to a team fight?

I maintained that Vayne is the stronger of the two, with the Q invisibility giving great utility, her damage being through the roof with silver bolts and tumble, and the power of the condemn stun, as well as her chase and mobility.

Others said Tristana's range, the potential of her W with resets, and her powerful steroid make her stronger, as well as her ulti's influence on positioning.

Just want to get a few more points of view on the subject.

pajausk

28-04-2013

in late game only kogmaw can be better than tristana. Range in late game is so huge factor. Plus with rapid fire tristana can reach atk.speed cap.

jafodes

28-04-2013

Depend on each situation. But i think tristana is better 1v1 just for one reason. Her ----> E. That 50% reduce healing would make her win the trade (ofc unless she didnt got condemned to a wall obviously).

Klötenhack

28-04-2013

Answer is simple, yet Complex.

Vayne deals more BURST(AD Steroid(Ult), scaling on Q&E - buys mostly AS)

Tristana has an AS Steroid(buys mostly AD , she will do lower Damage but more often).

Considering Vaynes W Passive- Vayne outdamages anyone (except Twitch on Ult/Kogmaw - all Equal)

BUT in a straight 1v1 fight (no Teammates around, no creeps) unless Vayne uses Ult - stealth - Flash - Wall hit - she will never get in Range to do 1 Point of Damage to a LvL 18 Tristana.

1St hit Wins.

Edit:
In a Teamfight, with your said Items, - obviously Vayne will do more overall Damage due to no Last Whisper on Trist and Vayne has Silverbolts (= she always deal damage no matter of Armor values). On the other Side, Vayne has 1, exactly 1 Major Weaknes.

1 Oracle on the Enemy Team and she blows up in 0,1 sec due to her short Range.

Another Fact, Vayne can not kill Towers from a save distance(Push Meta ? Cait ? D)

Vayne is tagged Assasin/Carry for a reason. You can't counter Tristanas Range, Asassins allways have 1 Major weakness though.

Daniel Shaw

28-04-2013

Depends. If Vayne gets the stun on trist is almost 2 seconds that she can't do anythign and basicly it's all it takes for Vayne to end her. But if Tristana manages to keep Vayne out of range with her ultimate then it is the last who won't last long. Personally I think it comes down to player's mechanics.

sinnist3R

17-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajausk View Post
in late game only kogmaw can be better than tristana. Range in late game is so huge factor. Plus with rapid fire tristana can reach atk.speed cap.
vayne can kill them both only if she stuns them in wall, when stun is off ultt and they cant do anythink

I Cry Rivers

17-08-2013

Okay, I'm buying Tristana back was a good read ^^
Edit: Played 6 games with Tristana and she is FREAKING AWESOME!! Won my lane every game, even once without a support (against a bruiser bot lane though). Now I have a champion for each lane ^^ (Trist ADC, Nasus top, Zac jungle, Kassadin mid, leona/janna/thresh/zyra sup ^^

Thanks a lot for bringing this topic up, OP

SNSD Sooyoung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2013

as long as you dont get a botrk on trist you should have a better late game. trist has low base damage and no ad scaling abilities so you need to build sure damage on her. the 100 damage from a bt is much better than the 23 from a botrk. also the crit is something trist needs heavily. only get a botrk on people who already have %hp damage

A Fat Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2013

If vayne manage to stun tristana she won the 1v1, if not, well i strongly beleive tristana will win that.

Aptest

17-08-2013

vayne is better overall. The reason being that Tristana has a weak point in her game whereas vayne has a consistent power curve. Vayne's ability to dodge skillshots at will and escape every 2-3 seconds also puts her in a less vulnerable spot once the gap to her is closed.