Leaving during champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chef Olé

24-04-2013

Why is it that leaving during champion select counts as a loss while on your promotion? The 3lp fee to leave is cool, but really, losing a promotion game?

1st pick says it's his 1st ranked game (even tho' Lolking said 85w85l), he picks Lux, fair enough. I pick Renekton next, when it comes to 4th and 5th pick, they pick Nasus and Ashe (as we needed adc/support). Pick #1 then changes with pick #4 (Nasus) and then goes top (my lane) and feeds about 8 kills in a row. After losing the turret he roams mid (my new lane, which I won vs Zed even tho' I was camped by Cho). By the time Nasus has done all this, my botlane has also fed 5-7 kills each and both my adc and jungler ragequit. I'm sure Nasus would too, but he found the trolling too hilarious.

And THIS is why you should be able to leave without losing one of your promos.
Thoughts, comments?

Chef Ol

Neonchan

24-04-2013

Because promotion should be hard, not dodging until you get 2 bad opposing teams

Ymoh

24-04-2013

I think that when you leave, get dc or whatever during champion select you should get a lost game, not a full promotion loss.

The amount of times the client f*cks up surely grants the benefit of doubt to many players

Chef Olé

24-04-2013

When I know 100% how the game will turn out seeming at least 2 of my team mates is trollign before the 1st ban, I should be able to leave.

Neonchan

24-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ol View Post
When I know 100% how the game will turn out seeming at least 2 of my team mates is trollign before the 1st ban, I should be able to leave.
And how would this prevent you from doing it every time you are not perfectly happy with every single aspect of both teams?

Chef Olé

24-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonchan View Post
And how would this prevent you from doing it every time you are not perfectly happy with every single aspect of both teams?
A team setup (set up by random people not knowing eachother) doesn't ''scare'' me, as they might not be playing as well together as my team and the other way around. That you can asume this is just silly, even tho' the enemy team counterpicks mid does not mean they will win the game, so I don't even know what you are on about.

sirDarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ol View Post
You can never know 100% how the game will turn out.
I have won several "full support/full tank/etc." setup games.
And for example my one and only ranked game this season had:
Leona top, Malphite mid, Lee in the jungle, and a Blitz + Ashe. This Ashe was played by the guy who wanted mid, Blitz was raging at him half the game because he didn't know how to play AD, and we still won, because the Malph + Leona initiation combo...

DrumaxX

24-04-2013

last night, i got blue screen while in champ select in promo game - OP!

Komkommer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

24-04-2013

If you deserve to promote you can easily get another promo match.

Uncommon Dandy

24-04-2013

Because riot thought it was funny to leave your promotion series in the hands of trolls or trash players.