I'm on a 'Hot streak' with 14 points >:)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jultanen

23-04-2013

So, I understand there's something called MMR. I also understand that mine must be something like 50 at this moment...

I'm trying, for the love of it, to climb ladders. I soloqueue, I duo with lower ladder friends, I duo with higher ladder friends, everything. Still, a win will reward the same amount of points (4-6). A defeat will punish me hard and have been known to deduct as much as 30 (!) points from my league stats.

Why has it come to this? A couple of months ago I was in a bad shape and played like a braindead slug, losing maybe as much as 8/10 games. Before that, however, I had glorious stats and just couldn't seem to lose. I managed to get the slightly amazing streak of 17 consecutive ranked wins!

Now I'm back to my old self again, having a great win-ratio and making quick "werk" of most games. I just can't seem to find any motivation, knowing I have to pull off 6-7 wins in order to be able to afford a defeat.

Quote:
The core reason you can't drop tiers by losing is to combat "ladder anxiety." If you were able to drop tiers you might be uncomfortable playing after reaching the next tier. We want you to immediately set your sights on the next tier and work towards that goal with the confidence that the system won't demote you if you hit a losing streak.

Well, I do have great anxiety now. I can't drop lower than Gold V, but I "can't" climb either.

Quote:
Since your MMR determines the number of LP you're awarded from a game, players who intentionally tank their ratings after reaching a new tier will find they progress toward the next division VERY slowly. Essentially, they'll have to make back the MMR points that they intentionally dumped in order to make meaningful progress toward the next tier or division. There's a lot of complicated logic on the back end to prevent this sort of abuse, so it's always more effective to play legitimately.
The system seems to believe I've done exactly this, but I haven't. My goal was always to climb, climb, and further climb. I just got severly punished for being on my high horses after my wonderful streak

Long story short: How can I help myself out of this situation? "Win more" ? Well, maybe. If I knew I would in the long run start to get more points for a win, maybe I could find it worthwhile to raise to 20 points, drop to 0 with a defeat, and so on, until points are distributed more fairly. But how can I know? Of course, knowing that most players would have climbed several divisions with the same number of wins I will have by then is just a funny *grin* thought!

Karotsi

23-04-2013

Its ok man! Just enjoy the game. If you are not getting trolls/afkers etc in ur games just enjoy it. After all you cant drop below Gold V as you have already stated

TaXoRo

23-04-2013

It's simple.

Your mmr suck ( you have probably been on 0 for a long time in gold V and since you can't drop your mmr just drop).

The only way to get higher rating for you, is to either win 50 games in a row or smth, or just keep playing with a high win ratio and you will eventurally start getting more lp and lose less.

Fear ltseIf

23-04-2013

Woah

Flakkie

23-04-2013

Don't worry. I was also in gold 5 with the lowest mmr possible, my teammates were around silver 5 and I was getting +5lp for a win and -20 for a lose. Last month I had a 30 winstreak.

After that I suddenly got +40 lp per win and -6 for a lose. Managed to go from gold 5 0 points to gold 1 in a week, while being in gold 5 for 3 months before. Just stay positive.

Jultanen

23-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritX Joker View Post
Don't worry. I was also in gold 5 with the lowest mmr possible, my teammates were around silver 5 and I was getting +5lp for a win and -20 for a lose. Last month I had a 30 winstreak.

After that I suddenly got +40 lp per win and -6 for a lose. Managed to go from gold 5 0 points to gold 1 in a week, while being in gold 5 for 3 months before. Just stay positive.
Just out of the blue, while playing as normal? Wow...I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for when that happens, then! Thanks for giving me hope

Flakkie

23-04-2013

Yeah. I think it went from +6lp to suddenly +20, had 3 more wins, got +40. Took me ~8 games to go from gold 4 to gold 2 ^^. Just don't watch your points, play your best champs every game regardless of what the enemy picks and the most important thing, always stay positive.

If you have enough winstreaks you can even skip divisions. The system works exactly as it should, as long as you don't keep a track of your lp (can be demotivating) you'll be fine.

Jultanen

23-04-2013

This is a really intriguing thought, I'll hit the games then! It may still be invisible, but at long last I have a goal!

Vanafras

23-04-2013

easiest way is to just stop looking at your LP. Just focus on winning the games and eventually your MMR will even out, till then its not worth the furstration to pay too much attention to your LP.

Druidys

23-04-2013

More losses than wins, need i say more?