Ranked team name

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainToyBoy

22-04-2013

hey my and my mates had a ranked team but i disbanded it and tried to remake it to clear the match history but now when i put in out old name it says it is taken but when i do a search in league it says there is no such team can any one tell me why this is ??

woraz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-04-2013

Greetings,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, once a team name has been claimed, it will remain locked in Riot's system regardless if the team is disbanded.

Good Luck!

LordYeven

Wrenchman

22-04-2013

Hey,

as woraz said the name stays in the system for some time. They may release the names in waves, so you have to be patient and wait until it is available again.

greetings

Cypherous

22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazragg View Post
hey my and my mates had a ranked team but i disbanded it and tried to remake it to clear the match history but now when i put in out old name it says it is taken but when i do a search in league it says there is no such team can any one tell me why this is ??
To prevent people from trying to redo on ranked matches they might have lost, once a team is ranked the name is locked in place, i have yet to see a team name reset as of yet since ranked teams were enabled on the server, this doesn't mean riot will never do it but i wouldn't hold out on waiting for it, picking a team means you have to accept whatever results you get much like sports teams do

CaptainToyBoy

22-04-2013

so is there a chance of getting my old ranked team back ??

Cypherous

22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazragg View Post
so is there a chance of getting my old ranked team back ??
Only if riot ever free up the names, if not then there is no way to recover the name as the team is just considered abandoned, if riot do ever release the names then they will make a news article in advance and names will be released and available on a first come first served basis

NameOfTheGame

08-05-2013

Sorry to pick up on an old thread, but it fits my question perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
once a team is ranked the name is locked in place
Does this mean I can still disband a team that has not yet played enough matches to qualify as ranked and reclaim the team name with a different tag?

Cypherous

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameOfTheGame View Post
Sorry to pick up on an old thread, but it fits my question perfectly.

Does this mean I can still disband a team that has not yet played enough matches to qualify as ranked and reclaim the team name with a different tag?
Not sure you would need to test it, its best to think very carefully about the names you pick for your teams