Using Macros

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HealingAura

09-02-2011

There are some chat sentences that are being used frequently and I was wondering if macros can be used to type them. For example, I would like my Numpad1 key to write "Top MIA" and my Numpad9 key to write "I am going back to base".

Is it legal to use a 3rd party program for macros in league of legends?

If it is legal, which one do you use?

Vaskehjelpen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2011

How lazy are you?

LOL

it takes like no effort and less than a secound to write a miss or bluepill, like, seriously wtf?

Pimptoad

09-02-2011

Sometimes a second is all it takes to get ganked (while your typing) esp. with global abilities or clever ambushes.

HealingAura

09-02-2011

Ok, a short sentence like "top mia" is not a good example. But it can be useful for longer sentences (6+ words).

I remember one time I was playing as cho and I was going back to base. while I was teleporting, I typed "I need to go back. be careful from a gank" and in the middle of the sentence eve comes and ganks my overextending lane partner who saw me just stand there. After he got killed he kept cursing me for not helping him, but I was too busy typing. Communication is very important for a team game...

HerbertTheGREAT

09-02-2011

even mia for lanes on single keys would be useful...seeing as your skillbuttons would still be responsive and you would be able to play responsively even when reporting miss or wahtever unlike when typing **** in the chat yo(even if it's only a second take into consideration how long a second in this game is..1sec of being unresponsive can get you killed )

Nezumiiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingAura View Post
There are some chat sentences that are being used frequently and I was wondering if macros can be used to type them. For example, I would like my Numpad1 key to write "Top MIA" and my Numpad9 key to write "I am going back to base".

Is it legal to use a 3rd party program for macros in league of legends?

If it is legal, which one do you use?
It's possible and legal. LoL ACE client has similar things as in-built options: there's HkM (Hotkey Manager) that lets you set buttons for various actions, such as Miss Top/Mid/Bot, Push, Retreat, Help etc.

To get it simply download ACE client (you can find link somewhere in forums, can't remember exactly where) - while there's no official support for it, team coding it is offering support in their forums, and it has several nice things that official client lacks (aside from Hotkey manager you get Recommended item editor, Mastery manager, Interface editor, can switch between US and EU servers with 3 clicks etc.)

HerbertTheGREAT

09-02-2011

^
also there's no automatic updates updates usually take about 2days to come out for a new patch and are sometimes bugged

ace client really ain't that gr8...just get autohotkey and learn to use it lmao

the other features you can simply download for ur regular client aswell..

HealingAura

09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbertTheGREAT View Post
^
also there's no automatic updates updates usually take about 2days to come out for a new patch and are sometimes bugged

ace client really ain't that gr8...just get autohotkey and learn to use it lmao

the other features you can simply download for ur regular client aswell..
I am trying autohotkey but it doesn't seem to work with league of legends.
I used the macro:

Code:
^Numpad0::
Send {Enter}
Send {G}
Send {o}
Send {o}
Send {d}
Send {Space}
Send {L}
Send {u}
Send {c}
Send {k}
Send {Space}
Send {&}
Send {Space}
Send {H}
Send {a}
Send {v}
Send {e}
Send {Space}
Send {F}
Send {u}
Send {n}
Send {Space}
Send {:}
Send {)}
Send {Enter}
return
When the front window is notepad, and I press ctrl+numpad0, it writes "[Enter]Good Luck & Have Fun [Enter]". but in the league of legend client nothing happens.

HerbertTheGREAT

09-02-2011

there're prolly ways to make it work you could still use the hotkey manager from the ace client with your regular lol client i think
http://ace-client.net/board/index.ph...ID=35&pageNo=1

Nezumiiro

09-02-2011

Try this, I uploaded my Hotkey Manager, I believe you can use it with default LoL client (didn't try it as I'm running ACE client):

http://rapidshare.com/files/446945877/HkM.rar

EDIT: Herbert was faster xD I couldn't be bothered to look for actual thread and uploading it seemed faster for me, but both are same and will work :P