MMR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muntin Valr

19-04-2013

When will this be balanced out? If you hit 5th of a league and loose a lot you will play against players that are 2 leagues lower then you. There is no way you can get back the points -
Seems like the best way is to make a new account and start over again.
Cause if I get 6 points pr win and 40 pr loss I will be in the same state forever.
So I'm just wondering if I shall start a new account cause I dont wanna grind all day for points and loose once and loose all the points.

I need to play 12 matches and dont loose a single one, and that's about 12 hours of gameplay. Is this the way ranked is intended?

Malakree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-04-2013

Sure you can, you stop losing and start winning. Just as your MMR went down to start with when you consistently show that you deserve to be higher than your current MMR it will increase. Once your skill (and mmr) reaches the 5th division that your locked in then you will start to gain/lose even amounts.

Quote:
When will this be balanced out? If you hit 5th of a league and loose a lot you will play against players that are 2 leagues lower then you.
The only real alternative for riot is to allow league dropping, in which case you would have dropped out of your division 5 and fallen that distance in your L/D instead of just in your MMR.

Muntin Valr

19-04-2013

Well the odds are against me. Cause I can't win 12 matches in a row to get 72 points. That's not possible.
I mean in reality if I win 2 matches and 1 loss and keep this trend. It will never balance itself out?
I get so low points cause the people I am playing against is really low compared to me.

SmokeUK2011

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boy Daniel View Post
When will this be balanced out? If you hit 5th of a league and loose a lot you will play against players that are 2 leagues lower then you. There is no way you can get back the points -
Seems like the best way is to make a new account and start over again.
Cause if I get 6 points pr win and 40 pr loss I will be in the same state forever.
So I'm just wondering if I shall start a new account cause I dont wanna grind all day for points and loose once and loose all the points.

I need to play 12 matches and dont loose a single one, and that's about 12 hours of gameplay. Is this the way ranked is intended?
Imagine gold 5 0lp being "1530" mmr (not accurate but around there), say you lose 7 games from there, you're now "1420" mmr (that's like 10LP into silver 1, 100LP being "1500"). You have to win enough games to get BACK to your division. It would work the same way, you'd need to win another 7ish (maybe 8/9) to start earning/losing less LP per game. If you lose a few, it'll be another few more wins to get back but you have to remember you're playing vs "less skilled" players so you should win more often. If, however, you can't win more often then it's because you don't belong back there and you got there by fluke/carried/boosted and the system is placing you where you belong.

SmokeUK2011

19-04-2013

Quote:
Well the odds are against me. Cause I can't win 12 matches in a row to get 72 points. That's not possible.
I mean in reality if I win 2 matches and 1 loss and keep this trend. It will never balance itself out?
I get so low points cause the people I am playing against is really low compared to me.
2:1 ratio will balance out, 100% and it wont take long.

Muntin Valr

19-04-2013

Ok thanks, I just dont wanna waste time when I can just play on a different account

Phobos Selini

19-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeUK2011 View Post
Imagine gold 5 0lp being "1530" mmr (not accurate but around there), say you lose 7 games from there, you're now "1420" mmr (that's like 10LP into silver 1, 100LP being "1500"). You have to win enough games to get BACK to your division. It would work the same way, you'd need to win another 7ish (maybe 8/9) to start earning/losing less LP per game. If you lose a few, it'll be another few more wins to get back but you have to remember you're playing vs "less skilled" players so you should win more often. If, however, you can't win more often then it's because you don't belong back there and you got there by fluke/carried/boosted and the system is placing you where you belong.
This!

OP be happy you are still in your league, if your values are true, you actually belong to a much lower League.

Muntin Valr

19-04-2013

Well I reached plat 5 and started to derp. Played roles I wasn't familiared with and just lost a lot. But now I'm going back to old ways.

SmokeUK2011

19-04-2013

Quote:
Ok thanks, I just dont wanna waste time when I can just play on a different account
Looking at stats - Play more thresh, blitz, MF, zyra, eve (if those games are post nerf, she's still good though)

I see you hate taric as much as I do.

Muntin Valr

19-04-2013

Hey but being support means that my ADC can't be a fricking newbie.