[GUIDE] New "Scratch"-font for League of Legends!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nakami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-02-2011

Hi,
in this guide I show you how to change your default ingame Announcements-font into a cool scratchy font painted black with a white outline.

It will finally look like this:
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1297200151

First, I want you to take a backup of the file we need. It's better if you haven't done anything with the fonts in League of Legends before..

Things we will use here:

The font:
XXII_SCRATCH.ttf
(Here I want to say that I got it from dafont.com, I like to the credit the creator of it.
It's allowed to use for your personal usage, so I didn't mind reuploading it in rapidshare..)

File:
"...\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\defaults\Announcements.ini"
OPEN WITH NOTEPAD LATER!

Okay, so let's get started!

1. Install the font!
Normally you have to copy the font to "C\Windows\Fonts"
With Windows 7 (like me) you just can open the font and click install in the top right corner

2. Set the font in League of Legends as default!
Let's open "...\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\defaults\Announcements.ini" with NOTEPAD or EDITOR or some other sort of text managers..
You see first the three categories [Major], [Minor] and [TencentWarning].
They are set as a kit for the font groups coming in the game.
So, I changed all of them (you can try to change just one or two of them, but you have to care about this decision later. unrecommenced for usual unexperienced users)
Go to all of the Categories and change "FontName = <here stands the font which is installed in LOL right now>" to "FontName = XXII SCRATCH"

If you install other fonts check that you have the right NAME OF THE FONT not the file name. (you get the real name if you rightclick on it and get on propeties.)

3. Change color and outline!
Still in "Announcements.ini", look for the [Color]-Section in the middle of that document.
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1297201933
Change all Color variables (these are HEX Color Codes) to 0 0 0 (which stands for black) like I did in the picture..

Change all Outline variables(whole section [OutlineColor] up to the next free space after "OnAlert = <numbers>") to 255 255 255 (which stands for white) like I did in the picture..

Don't forget to save the file!

So pretty this was it!
I will add some information soon, please feel free to ask,
cheers. ColdandColder

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	font.jpg
Views:	9089
Size:	922.4 KB
ID:	16829   Click image for larger version

Name:	sections.jpg
Views:	2240
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	16831  

I am a potato xD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2011

Dude ur awesome. Thanks

nakami

Recruiter

12-02-2011

push

Tanee

12-02-2011

The scratch font is way too messy, I might try another font later on.

nakami

Recruiter

12-02-2011

Yeah sure, let me get noticed how it looks!

axuma

03-04-2011

Don't really like it. Not for me. Gonna try another one. Thx.

Badcops4455

18-02-2012

Is this possible with the new update?