Jump from silver division 5 to silver division 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemoK

16-04-2013

I just did my BO3 and jumped from silver 5 to silver 3, didnt know u could do that! this isnt a bug right?

Archyn

16-04-2013

no idea wether it's a bug or not, could be because ur hidden elo and mmr ( kind of like elo of ur normal games) are way higher than ur ranke elo, thus meaning that u deserve a higher spot in that particular league.
And if u then just happened to win all 3 maybe u skipped a division? not so bad isn't it? keep up the job, i'm trying to get out of silver myself aswell

Khawz

16-04-2013

its not a bug the poster above is actually right

MidLaneMenace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

16-04-2013

You can skip division it happens when your MMR is that high that it allows you to go from SIlver 3 to Silver 1 for example. (MMR is high enough for silver 1 instead of 2)

DemoK

16-04-2013

when i won a game i had like 35 lp win and when i lost a game i only lose about 15 lp

won 2 out of BO3.. and got into division 3 so im happy

thanks for the info!

Malakree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-04-2013

Who you are matched with is actually determined by something called "match making rating" (MMR). This is a hidden stat that the system uses. MMR determines who you are placed with, if your league/division is not aligned with your MMR then the system will try to get them to align. It does this by artificially moving your L/D towards your MMR.

For example, if the system believes you are Bronze 4 but you are in Bronze 1 you will gain nothing for wins and lose loads for losses. If it believes you are B1 but you are in B4 then you will gain loads for a win and lose nothing for a loss. As a further extension of this if when you complete a promotion series your MMR is significantly higher than your L/D then it can promote you 2 divisions in order to try and more quickly get you where you should be. The only time it won't do this is in divisions 1 or 2, Division 2 you will be promoted to division 1 (as not to skip the league promotion) and division 1 you will always go to division 5 of the next league. If after a league promotion you end in say G5 and your MMR is still significantly higher you can find that you go G5-->G3-->G1 etc.

Basically, the leagues/division is just a shiny overlay. The actual meat of the system which determines everything is done entirely based on your MMR.

DemoK

16-04-2013

Ok thanks! thats well enough explained

based on what ur saying.. i can still skip divison 2 .. too division 1, if u just play well enough and my MMR is high enough right?

Malakree

16-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperioR EviL View Post
Ok thanks! thats well enough explained

based on what ur saying.. i can still skip divison 2 .. too division 1, if u just play well enough and my MMR is high enough right?
I litterally just had this happen to me >.< yes you can.

Komkommer

Recruiter

16-04-2013

I skiped from Silver III to silver I, so yes you can.

DemoK

16-04-2013

thanks.. lets go on a winning spree then ^^ and gratz too you