The WASD key layout

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChamionB

07-02-2011

Greetings, summoner. Are you sick of the spacing between QWER and the arrow keys? Or are you still not using the hotkeys because of that?

I used to be a 'clicker' (one who doesn't use any hotkeys) until like level 23 or something because I found it so hard to cycle between Q, W, E and R and the arrow keys. I realised that I couldn't continue as a clicker however.

When I found the "key bindings" section, I got an idea: Why not bring the arrow keys closer to QWER? So I fiddled with the keys and created the WASD key layout for LoL.

The basic idea is that you scroll the map with WASD. "But hey, W is already in use!" Indeed, so I put the abilities to 1234. "You serious? They're for the items!" Yea, yea I'll move the items to ZXCVBN. "You forgot the summoner spells!" Just slap them on 5 and 6, ok? And before you ask, I put recall to R.

With this layout you can scroll the map while using abilities without having to move from one end of the keyboard to the other.

If you're interested, you can find the key bindings while in a game by pressing Esc, so make a custom game for that. There's also a Return defaults button if you didn't like it.

TL; DR By changing your key bindings, you can make your gaming much easier and reduce the amount of miss-clicks, all without needing a fancy gaming keyboard.

Rynphos

07-02-2011

Arrow keys? Whaa?

MilkHasCalcium

07-02-2011

no! i cant fkin imagine this game with wasd!!

god riot no just no!!

BEiFA

07-02-2011

I think u can allready change the layouts creat a custom game and check out options :P

ziiiiinder

07-02-2011

You are supposed to scroll the map with mouse....

crazynerd

07-02-2011

I never used arrow keys... I use the usual QWER for spells, and mouse for mapscrolling and selecting. And I don't see the problem...

FeatherLite

07-02-2011

wtf? Why would you use arrows to move the camera when the mouse is so much clicker, and whats more your already using it to click

why complicate such a simple layout :S

Marushin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Or you could just use the default hotkeys and move the screen with your mouse, because it's way, way easier.

Cardiac Arrest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

1) use the mouse to navigate the screen
2) the 4 spells you need to use are already in the perfect spot - QWER, so your hands are about shoulder width apart, a comfortable position
3) item slots already have key bindings - 1 to 3 for the top ones, 4 to 6 for the bottom ones
4) we all know you can set your keybinds the way you like
5) use the mouse

iEnV

07-02-2011

I use WASD to move around the camera and has been since the 3rd match I started up, I moved my spells to 1 2 3 4 and items are Shift + 1234 and plain 56.
I still have smartcasting on shift + qwer just like quick lvl is ctrl + qwer.
My summoner spells are on Q and E.
Recall button on B.
Im so used to this I cant imagine anything else and camera movement is 100 times easier and faster than with the mouse.
Suck my proness haters and eat a baguette.