The best way to build SHEN?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neron3

27-06-2010

I've recently bought Shen:Eye Of Twilight.I need some help from you(the community of LoL EU) to figure out the best way to build Shen. So all you pro Shen players share your knowledge .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shen.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1494  

Rexplosive

27-06-2010

Marks: HP/lvl
Seals: Dodge
Glyphs: Magic res/lvl
Quints: HP

Items: you always have to vary your items dependent on the enemy team. But still I almost always catch myself building:

1. Phage
2. Boots
3. Heart of Gold
4. Aegis of the Legion/Mercury Treads
5. Randuin's Omen/Mercury Treads
6. Frozen Mallet

Neron3

28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post
Marks: HP/lvl
Glyphs: Magic res/lvl

Items: you always have to vary your items dependent on the enemy team. But still I almost always catch myself building:

1. Phage
2. Boots
3. Heart of Gold
4. Aegis of the Legion/Mercury Treads
5. Randuin's Omen/Mercury Treads
6. Frozen Mallet
Thank you so much my friend!But I still need some other suggestions.

Syangami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-06-2010

Marks: Magic pene
Seals: HP per lvl
Glyphs: AP
(my way to play)
Masteries 9/21/0

items:
doran's shield (first item ofc)
ninja tabi
Randuin's omen (asap)
2x sunfire cape

and if your team still didn't won (ofc. it will) get atma's impaler which is good for dps.

skills:
Q (your first goal to max it)
W (max it after you get E skill at rank2)
E (get it as fast as posible to rank2 )
R (just max it asap)

skill order: Q,W,E,Q,Q,R,E the rest is in your hand

Jaylin

28-06-2010

Depends on the other team. You're the tank, so it's your job to soak stuff up. If they have tons of physical DPS, stack armor. If they have tons of casters, stack MRes. However, I'd suggest getting at least one Sunfire cape to help with farming and damage, an early Heart of Gold to build into Randuin's Omen and help with cash. For boots, I'd suggest Merc's most of the time. Beyond that, adapt to the game. HP stacking is usually a safe bet, so Warmog's or Mallet are never a bad idea, and if you've managed to stack a solid amount of HP, Atma's is always welcome.

Gladiuz

28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
Depends on the other team. You're the tank, so it's your job to soak stuff up. If they have tons of physical DPS, stack armor. If they have tons of casters, stack MRes. However, I'd suggest getting at least one Sunfire cape to help with farming and damage, an early Heart of Gold to build into Randuin's Omen and help with cash. For boots, I'd suggest Merc's most of the time. Beyond that, adapt to the game. HP stacking is usually a safe bet, so Warmog's or Mallet are never a bad idea, and if you've managed to stack a solid amount of HP, Atma's is always welcome.
This is pretty much how I do it. Keywords are tank and adapt. If your team lacks slow or disables mallet seems like a good choice. If your team lacks damage a late atmas might be good. Your job is to be in the middle of things taunting their main damage sources and you want them to focus you. He's a pretty slow farmer/pusher (but good lasthitting) so heart of gold and/or sunfire will boost that a bit while tanking you up.

Stay away from pure dps items, mana items and ap items and just choose whatever items gives you the most survivability against the opponents setup. If they have a majority of physical damage armor/dodge is probably best. Against mostly casters mr is better choice, where I mainly go for Guardian angel and/or Aegis and maybe a force of nature later on. Leviathan might work if you get a good start but if you find yourself dying too much trying to tank then leviathan is a bad choice.

Sorry I can't give you a cookie cutter build but when it comes to tanks I think you are better off if you make decisions in-game rather than start off with a preset idea.

Neron3

28-06-2010

I think im getting better dudes Theese tips are helping!

Rexplosive

28-06-2010

Don't forget that Shen benefits most from Health. You don't want to STACK magic res against a magic team or STACK armor against a physical team.
Because if you follow my build you'll have enough armor/magic res. The more armor/magic res you have the less each additional point benefits you, but health will always benefit at an even rate. With the build I posted you'll have all you need. You might want to go with a sunfire instead of randuin, but I like that I can rush heart of gold and get some gold by doing that.

Gladiuz

29-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post
Don't forget that Shen benefits most from Health. You don't want to STACK magic res against a magic team or STACK armor against a physical team.
Because if you follow my build you'll have enough armor/magic res. The more armor/magic res you have the less each additional point benefits you, but health will always benefit at an even rate. With the build I posted you'll have all you need. You might want to go with a sunfire instead of randuin, but I like that I can rush heart of gold and get some gold by doing that.
As I understood it each armor point gives you 1 % extra EHP regardless of current total armor.

If you have 2000 hp:

100 armor will give you 2000 + 1,0 * 2000 = 4000 EHP against physical damage.
200 armor will give you 2000 + 2,0* 2000 = 6000 EHP.

So you get extra 2000 ehp per 100 armor regardless of how much armor you have (til the cap ofc).

Instead if you buy
1000 hp and 100 armor you will have 2000 + 1000 + (2000+1000)*1,0 = 6000 ehp.

But 1000 hp is more expensive than 100 armor, so it seems stacking could be cost efficient if you face a pure physical team (or pure magic damage team). The more hp you have the more each armor point will increase your ehp. At a certain level of hp, stacking armor/mr can be more cost efficient than getting more hp?

nigh7mare

01-07-2010

Heres how I play Shen:

Marks: Magic pen
Glyphs: Magic res / flat cd reduction (you can pick what u want)
Quints: Flat HP

Masteries 8/21/1

Build:

Ruby Cristal (Doran's shiled works too, but getting Ruby Crystal will save you over 400g as you can actually build it into something. The -starting with it is that you will be 8hp/5 regen shorter but playing smart with VB is good way to regen HP)
Usually at my 1st "B" I have enough money to get some real boots
Ninja Tabi/Mercury's Treads (get botts early, they can save your life, they can get you kills)
Ruby Crystal -> Aegis (Really good item - dmg+resist+armor+hp+aura on low price. Get is as soon as you can)
From here I usually go for
Heart of Gold -> Randuin's Omen
Sunfire Cape / Force of Nature depends on the opponent setup, I often get both
Frozen Mallet / Rylai's Crystal Scepter Both work quite well on Shen

Here are few of my games with him :P
http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU17862393
http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU17986250
http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU17962876
http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU18004868