Jax And Triforce?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bea5T

14-04-2013

Question, is it viable in S3?

Aarointheknee

Senior Recruiter

14-04-2013

Not evem sure jax is viable in S3 :/

Genzuru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea5T View Post
yes.

Jax is one of those champs who can use the full potential of Trinity force, is an ítem who Works so well on him just like gunblade

and jax is really cool on s3 but his build has changed a bit

kleus

15-04-2013

Jax is the best top laner period.

The problem with the meta (from a noobtard point of view) is that it seems to favor tanky champions on top and damage dealers in the jungle that's why you don't see him often.

He's also the best champion in the game and he doesn't even have a real weapon.

Once you go jax you never go bax.

*edit* you don't need to bother with triforce on jax, he's one of those champions that simply kicks everyones backside even in a 1v5 situation without items. All he needs on his inventory is mana pots.

*edit2* His Q ability should be renamed to buttkicking delivery system.

*edit3* Fact: the term overpowered should be replaced with jaxered.

JacquesMart1n

16-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea5T View Post
Short answer yes

Long answer depending of where you play jax there may be alternate choices as a source of attack speed that scale better against tanky opponents (blade of the ruined king to name it) but triforce is still like the default damage item on jax, if you ask me it's a must in a full build because it gives him pretty consequent dps, scales of other sources of AD extremely well and provide good utility/chase potential through phage procs and movespeed bonus, it is also the most slot-efficient item ever, but I often delay it to get tankiness first

Gunblade lack AS and can't replace it because it's too much AP, IMHO and because gunblade used to be op people don't see jax benefit much more from as/ad/onhit than he does from ap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarointheknee View Post
Not evem sure jax is viable in S3 :/
I have pubstomping games as jax jungle still doing a whole lot of bad plays and bad calls, don't say random shizz out of your ass just because you dont see him at lcs doesn't mean anything. Few month ago people cried about how op he is and I saw him banned fairly often, xin darius singed hecarim lee sin riven olaf garen now even akali ALL ATE A NERF since then, jax did not get the slightest one in the meantime, but oh not viable anymore. Logic

Simplexible

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-04-2013

It's very viable in season 3, yeah but I personally don't prefer to use it because other items hold more priority for Jax imo.

Maponus

17-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleus View Post
Jax is the best top laner period.

The problem with the meta (from a noobtard point of view) is that it seems to favor tanky champions on top and damage dealers in the jungle that's why you don't see him often.

He's also the best champion in the game and he doesn't even have a real weapon.

Once you go jax you never go bax.

*edit* you don't need to bother with triforce on jax, he's one of those champions that simply kicks everyones backside even in a 1v5 situation without items. All he needs on his inventory is mana pots.

*edit2* His Q ability should be renamed to buttkicking delivery system.

*edit3* Fact: the term overpowered should be replaced with jaxered.

you mean he is Jax Norris?

i was a very big fan of jax in the early S2 stages...

but since S3 i dont know how to build him what would you suggest?

BotrK and Warmongs? some kind of more tanky?
or going for Guinsoo and Gunblade?

kleus

17-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maponus View Post
you mean he is Jax Norris?

i was a very big fan of jax in the early S2 stages...

but since S3 i dont know how to build him what would you suggest?

BotrK and Warmongs? some kind of more tanky?
or going for Guinsoo and Gunblade?
The way i build him changes according to who i'm up against, but here's my general build:

Phage > giants belt > Cutlass > trinity force > hextech gunblade (works better than botrk from my experience) > warmogs.

This is the core build. If you get this before everyone else you win the game. I rarelly ever built more than this items as jax with this 3 items alone gets insanely powerfull.

Then i go for the following (if the game gets to that stage):

Randuins + botrk if i'm tanking

Guinsoo + botrk if i need the dps.

With this build jax is insanely OP, and with his ultimate on he can easily tank the whole team if he's more fed.

I've had situations at 20 minutes where i got fed with jax, got into a team fight, got focused down and survived after they all died.

NiNjArz

17-04-2013

What I personally prefer is to take;
ninja tabi,
blade of the ruined king,
zephyr (attack speed + tenacity!)
warmogs
mal of malmortius (misspelled it, I know)
iceborn gauntlet.

you will have the phage slow and sheen proc on iceborn, instead of crit using botrk. expensive build tho.

JacquesMart1n

18-04-2013

Personal build for jungle jax

Wriggle -> Frozen mallet and mercury (sometimes tabi) -> Sheen then triforce -> Hydra or randuin or other survivability

When I build dps i have that +155 damage 22% life steal 10% crit +400 damage sheen, 40% permaslow and aoe damage of the hydra, extremely potent build overall still providing 25 of each resistance and 1k hp, I only have 30% as but with my rune set it's still 45% total which is enough to stack passive fast