Windows 8: Can't connect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Northys

13-04-2013

Hello,
yesterday I have reinstalled my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Enterprice. But it seems like enterprice won't allow me to play at work :-D

I'm using Avast! Free and it has no builded-in firewall. So it seems like only Windows Firewall is there - in my Win8.

I have disabled Windows Firewall and when i open LoL it always says:
Could not connect to the HTTP servers. Please check that your Internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking access.

Can u help me please?

EDIT: of course my internet connection work :-D

woraz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-04-2013

Greetings,
I know that you already tried disabling firewalls, antivirus programs, but you can still take a look on this article.
Also, check this. - It had been a solution for many people.
Good Luck and Feedback!

Northys

13-04-2013

Ok I have changed DNS to Google Public DNS, reset DNS cache, restarted PC.
Allowed all exe files which are written in this article.
But is still doesn't work. And I suppose there is no bad setting in my router, because I played a day ago on my Windows 7 - you know.

EDIT: btw I still dont have installed game because I can't run patcher - you know. So I just allowed League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe and League of Legends\RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe

LOG:

Quote:
( USER)[13:12:34.677] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.226)
( USER)[13:12:34.692] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Running at 13:12:34 on 04/13/2013
( ERROR)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Systém nemůže nalézt uvedenou cestu.
( ERROR)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "C:/Users/Jiří/Saved Games/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Systém nemůže nalézt uvedenou cestu.
( ERROR)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "C:/Users/Jiří/Saved Games/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::ErrorMessageMap::ErrorMessageMap: locale:
( ERROR)[13:12:34.692] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "C:/Users/Jiří/Saved Games/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system/system.cfg" for input.
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.692] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Command line: "updateandrun lol_launcher LoLLauncher.exe"
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.786] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Executed from root folder with correct name, not an update.
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.786] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::HTTPConnection: (http://)
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.786] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Connect: (http://)
( DEBUG)[13:12:34.786] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: ("/system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version", "C:/Users/Jiří/Saved Games/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp\TMP4614.tmp", RETRY, 0x00000000)
( ERROR)[13:12:37.204] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 6
( ERROR)[13:12:37.204] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 1
( ERROR)[13:12:39.684] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 6
( ERROR)[13:12:39.684] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 2
( ERROR)[13:12:42.149] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 6
( ERROR)[13:12:42.149] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Failed on /system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version
( ERROR)[13:12:42.149] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Failed to download version information.
( DEBUG)[13:12:42.149] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection:isconnect: ()
( ERROR)[13:12:42.149] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: SelfUpdate failed.
( DEBUG)[13:12:42.149] RADS::User::ManagedFileHelper::Release:
( DEBUG)[13:12:42.149] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Returning 0xc1e90004
( USER)[13:12:42.149] WinMain: Could not connect to the HTTP server. Please check that your Internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking access.

Northys

13-04-2013

I gonna return back to Windows 7, Windows 8 is competently useless and I'll tell you if it works in about 2 hours. Thanks for help anyway.

EDIT: it works on windows 7... so Windows 8 again confirmed they are useless

you can lock this topic

black canaan

07-09-2013

win 8 is not useless unles you only play lol. i do not love win 8 but at least its better than appel and mac. win 8 gifs new tech for futher games that tech we are stil not using because those games has not yet come. (for gif me if i used the wrong word (TECH) my english is not that good yet)

black canaan

07-09-2013

hi with my new win 8 i cant play lol i did notes it late because other games took my intres for the last 4 monds

TomStriker55

Recruiter

25-10-2013

Startet euren lol Launscher als administrator und es geht

spectra1221

13-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northys View Post
I gonna return back to Windows 7, Windows 8 is competently useless and I'll tell you if it works in about 2 hours. Thanks for help anyway.

EDIT: it works on windows 7... so Windows 8 again confirmed they are useless

you can lock this topic
i had the same problem but it works if you run the game from the main directory you can do this by going on Computer -> Hard Drive -> Riot Games -> League of legends -> open up lol.launcher.admin 

CaptainAwesomeYo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStriker55 View Post
Startet euren lol Launscher als administrator und es geht

This worked for me !