The best tank

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azazyr

27-06-2010

Which is the best tank in your opinion, and why? I thought that is Mordekaiser but on the guides made by good players about him, they say he`s not the best tank. Thank you!

Crampus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-06-2010

Well, from my point of view that is Dr. Mundo, can have ****loads of health, lots of armor, and lots of damage. And a skill shoot, i dont need anything else rly. When you activate ultimate, you can soak up almost any damage. And if you buy Spirit Visage it becomes even more potent, you can be focuse by 3 non nukers and laugh in their faces. Try this build if you want...

-FINISHED BUILD-

1. Frozen Mallet
2. Ninja Tabi
3. Spirit Visage
4. Randuin's Omen
5. Sunfire Cape
6. Atma's Impaler

Start with Health Crystal, finish Phage, then finish boots, then Spirit Visage, then randuin starting with armor thing, after that what you want.

GL HF

Rexplosive

28-06-2010

In Summoner's Rift it's most likely Shen.

Labozer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post

I dont think its shen, but i cant remember the name of the tank im used to go with.

Defqonwolf

28-06-2010

If i play a tank it's alway Mordekaiser simply because he get's an armor bar that needs to disapear first before you can realy get his hp down. It takes mostly like 2 or 3 attacks to get the bar empty and by then he already regenerated some of it.
I also like farming with him. You can solo lane easily making lots of gold and getting lots of hp items.
I start with:

1. Doran's Shield + 1 health pot
2. Ninja Tabi
3. Warmog's armor (starting with Giant's Belt)
4. Sunfire cape (also starting with Giant's Belt)
5. Frozen Mallet (also starting with Giant's Belt) <------- Mostly game is over by now!
6. Warmog's armor
7. Sunfire Cape

Got lots of HP and Armor runes and mostly got +10 kills and less then 5 deaths and +15 assists..

Azazyr

28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexplosive View Post
Why do you think it`s Shen?

CrazyDongpal

28-06-2010

so many noobs here... mordekaiser and mundo are the worst tanks in the game
mundo is easily countered by heal reduction and doesnt provide anything for the team, same thing for morde = hard to kill , but easy to ignore. and cleanse > morde

best tank so far is shen , then amumu/nasus/rammus

Keli1n

28-06-2010

Strongest tank is shen, especially effective in teams oriented around early-mid game. The reason shen is the best tank is simple:
- decent damage output
- Strong in the lane
- He has a global ultimate which can turn tides, very strong
- AoE taunt (i.e. very good CC/can protect allies)
- Can take a lot of damage (high base stats, shield, life steal)

Second is a draw. Tank Gragas or Amumu.

Amumu is especially effective in AoE teams and is much less a meatshield compared to gragas/shen and thus relies on his ultimate. This is a winner late game tho, the ability to snare everyone for 2.5 seconds is just too good especially since you can't auto attack from that state.

Tank Gragas is a very good meatshield, with a good slow, high damage output and a knockback ultimate which can grant an easy kill or just knockback enemies (fiddle for example). I have to admit, just have seen 2 gragas this far who can make it (Forellenlord, not sure about the spelling and rashaasii).

If you take fun as a factor then gragas is top, followed by amumu and shen last.

Hope this helped?

Ps. ignore the kids who tell you mundo is best tank,

PewPewLazorz

28-06-2010

Going a bit off topic here, but, as much as I agree that Shen is one of the top tanks, I now sometimes cringe a little bit when I see him picked in solo queue...

Since he is considered as the best, many tryhards pick him and totally fail with him, most notably because they seem to ignore that as good as Shen is, one of his weak points imo is that he isn't the greatest initiator among tanks (for instance Amumu is waaaay better in this regard).
It's actually pretty hard to land Shadow Dash out of the blue versus experienced players who know its range, will usually dodge it then counter initiate and own the fight.

Shen works great in teams that already have an intiating move (Ashe's ulti), but in teams that lack this, other tanks may work better.

Agree that Amumu and good Gragas are scary great. Singed in mid game can really be a pain if really well played - unfortunately you don't see these very often anymore - and while not really a tank a good Udyr can be game changing.

Azazyr

28-06-2010

Thanks for your opinions! Now I want you to ask what do you think about Cho`gath as a tank? I am now playing with him and I`m pretty good, but I hate that I am so team-dependant. If I am with a noob team, I can`t do anything...

12345 ... 11