Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skin RP price changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noblige

04-11-2013

More greed

Lynléire

04-11-2013

I like the new tier for the pricing and the skins getting reduced in cost too.
Now I know this is of course going to sound silly, seeing as you're a company that does need to make money to survive, and I'm a mere consumer....but I don't think increasing the price of current skins to 1350 is worth it. None of them have something special along the lines of Mecha Kha Zix for instance. I don't mind if you release new 1350 High Quality skins, but I don't like the increase for old skins is worth it. (Or at least, not to that price). On the bright side, we finally know that 1350 RP skins can go on sale :P

Anikitan

04-11-2013

I have no words to describe how utterly ridiculous the "selection" of skins to increase to 1350 are.

I really hope no one else supports this.

The only reason Riot is doing this is because you should have to "pay more" for different spell effects, even though when Mecha KhaZix was released at 1350, riot said that only skins with different voice lines and spell effects *released in the future* would be made 1350.

If you're going to make these skins 1350 you should have to update all their voice files with new updated voicework for it to be anywhere near worth it.

Or you could refund everyone the difference between the 975 skins they bought that got reduced so they can afford these "new" 1350 skins.

Acidface Killah

04-11-2013

How the **** can you make any of the skins more expensive

Zodyr

04-11-2013

Yeah, 1350 not so good. The rest is ok.

Ragnabolt

04-11-2013

feel a bit cheated. i have a lot of skins that i bought that are going down in price.. none of the ones i bought are going up in price, and the ones i wanted to get in the future are going up. so its just lose lose for me

Raikaria

04-11-2013

Quote:
Zephyrose:
I like the new tier for the pricing and the skins getting reduced in cost too.
Now I know this is of course going to sound silly, seeing as you're a company that does need to make money to survive, and I'm a mere consumer....but I don't think increasing the price of current skins to 1350 is worth it. None of them have something special along the lines of Mecha Kha Zix for instance. I don't mind if you release new 1350 High Quality skins, but I don't the increase for old skins is worth it. (Or at least, not to that price). On the bright side, we finally know that they can go on sale :P

Read what makes them.

Skins in the 1350 RP tier will feature a new model, textures, splash image, visual effects and sounds. In some cases, these skins will also have processed voice overs.

- New voice overs [Jayce, Draven]
- New visual effects/movement [Astronautilus, iBlitz, Tyrant Swain]
- Multiple new skins in one[Zyra [Plants], Swain [Bird]
- Significant Model changes [Warring Kingdom, Garen, Swain]
- Large particle changes [Ziggs, Morgana]

About the only one there that I don't agree with is Frostblade Irelia.

As for me:
Own 0 skins going down in price.
Own 1 skin rising in price.

Also, why give Haunted Maokai as a 950 example when it's unavailable?

Gadarn

04-11-2013

Increasing prices of old products is a bad move in marketing.
I was going to buy Soul Reaver Draven eventually, but now, f**k that.
In cases like mine instead of getting 10€, which is the same as if I were going to buy the skin for 1350 via Visa, you'll get none.

Your entire team

04-11-2013

I feel cheated too. No refunds at all?
The ones I got that gets lower price is Boom Boom Blitzcrank, Vindicator Vayne, Midnight Ahri,
Hextech Anivia, Arctic Warfare Caitlyn, Explorer Ezreal,
Nightraven Fiora, Pentkill Karthus, High Command Katarina,
Cowgirl Miss Fortune, Chrome Rammus, Ironscale Shyvana,
Bandit Sivir and General Wukong.
Seriously, i feels like I've been robbed or something like that..

It's really a big loss for me..

Wyngale

04-11-2013

Well, some skins are boviously subject to a sliding scale of personal opinion about whether they belong in a lower or higher tier. Increasing the price of some skins is at least consistent and Riot is telling the people way ahead of time of this change. And 1350's are still subject to sales so they could cost 675 instead.
Too bad some of them didn't went into sales yet, like Arcade Sona. And with "yet", I was actually referring to the ridiculous sales schedule. There are skins which has been released for over nine months and have yet not met any price reduction. Last year the schedule had a 3 month delay from release to sale!

Edit: And to all of you who want to get their RP refunded: Did you ever buy something aside from food with money? Products are getting reduced in cost from time to time and still, one can not simply walk to his electronic store demanding back big parts of the money they have paid for the state-of-the-art TV which has become standard (and therefore, much cheaper) five years later.