Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch 3.5 balance update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hop Tzop

04-09-2013

Quote:
Codename Benji:
bye bye akali... now she will be useless. GJ

Sorry, but that's not true. As Akali you don't use the mark for herrasing and doing lots of damage cause it doesn't do a lot of damage by just using it without another attack, you use it for the detonation which now is stronger. As for the ultimate, it was very dangerous when she got lvl6. This way the charges at that lvl6 will increas at a slower rate.

Quote:
VESTERRR:
The lux update is great, she has tons of cc to avoid enemy's damage and that works as an escape ability in my opinion.

What do you mean by lots of cc? She only has the Light Binding which if you miss it you are done. She has a very good shield, a little op I would say.

V0LDY

04-09-2013

Nice update imho.

Lux ultimate was really too short cooldown for it's power, you can use it 2 times in a single teamfight...

Welcome Volibear nerf too, he was just too fast in early game.

GSeu Flash

04-09-2013

Quote:
Mark of the Assassin

Initial damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 45/70/95/120/145
Mark detonation damage Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4

At max level, the damage is reduced from 145 to 115 and the ratio is increased by 0.1.
145-115 = 30 Dmg. Ratio 0.1 = +10% additional ability power.
So at 300 AP the damage is brought back to the 'standard'. (10% of 300 = 30)
However, Akali is a hybrid and is often with a full build around 230 AP and +- 150 AD, which is 70 AP below 300.

So
'These changes increase her early game risk while retaining her later game potential.'

has to be something like
'These changes increase her early game risk and losing some of her later game potential.'

Together with her ult nerf makes it a sad day for Akali.

The Fappuccino

04-09-2013

I have no idea, why Lux needs a nerf lol. You have to be a freaking good in knowing where to shoot. It's not like she has an automatic target system. None of her skills does.

I do play Lux, being my main champ atm. I pretty much control the skillshots, and know where to shoot..

I guess, I have to deal with it, just because people are complaining to quick, about a champion where you do need the skill for it. Simply dodge, play defensive, it's always easy to know when you expect a spell from her lol.

Lux players are OP, not the champion itself

smurfaccya

04-09-2013

no zed nerf?

Lynléire

04-09-2013

Quote:
MóngoCraP:
Lux is played in tournament,

Better nerf her

Let me tell you, She got no escape, all her abilities is skillshots and you can onyl win if your good, otherwise your just a waste of pick.

And now they nerfed a pretty balanced champ.

GG WP Riot

She has a long ranged slow and snare. Any decent player should be able to land those to keep herself safe. Basically this nerf punishes her for missing her spells of which she has two to save herself with. Lux was too safe for the massive utility and range she brought. This has balanced her, she had too much before. She'll still be picked by the pros too.

Looch

04-09-2013

I would rather they nerf her shield than her MS, Now you miss Q and you are dead. If I am jungling and I see a Lux on the other team, time to camp mid from now on. Too bad cause I thought her problem wasn't mobility.

Ekaron

04-09-2013

As a Nami player, I approve this =)

BroNr1V

04-09-2013

Riot you goatta be kidding me,nerf akali as an assasin while support nidale can deal like 1100 magic damage with just one Q

DutchHomie

04-09-2013

yeayh more akali buff but she isnt strong enough tho :/
her Q W or E doesnt insta kill at lvl 1 :/