Is Tryndamere viable for Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdZer0o

07-04-2013

Hey, guys i heard a lot of people saying that Tryndamere isn't viable for ranked but i don't understand why?
Is he viable? And if not, why isn't he?

CharlieSimmons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2013

all champs are viable for ranked if you fit the meta

v1rtue

07-04-2013

I wouldn't play Tryndamere in ranked. People associate Trynd with a lack of skill, so your team won't trust you if you pick Trynd. That's never good for a team.
Tryndamere can do a lot of damage, but if the enemy prevents you from getting to squishies, keeps exhausting you if you get in the middle of their team and uses AS-debuff items, you are pretty much useless.

If you want to play Tryndamere, use cleanse instead of ignite. You'll need it.

SpinToTrynd

07-04-2013

Hello ColdZer0o:

The current viable build for Tryndamere is going AP with Nashor's tooth and CDR. The reasoning behind this build is because it gives you a great deal of splitpushing potential + lane sustain.

AD Tryndamere is a lategame monster but he's pretty weak in lane and very item dependant, so it's not very advisable to pick him unless you've mastered the champion.

AP Tryndamere, however, is very good due to how hard it is to force him out of lane and also because he has very good splitpushing potential, a strategy that wins lots of games if you know how to.

Proof of that is that he's been a recent nightmare played as AP until a few needed nerfs. He's still viable though.

Let the ice cull the meek,
The Hero of the North.

ColdZer0o

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rtue View Post
Tryndamere can do a lot of damage, but if the enemy prevents you from getting to squishies, keeps exhausting you if you get in the middle of their team and uses AS-debuff items, you are pretty much useless.

If you want to play Tryndamere, use cleanse instead of ignite. You'll need it.
Thanks for the answer but isn't it the same with champions like Nocturne or Fiora?

JoxerTM

08-04-2013

It's not the same. Nocturne doesn't need Cleanse. And Fiora can play without any summoner spell, she needs AoE stunner/slower teammate(s).

Oblobobobobobob

08-04-2013

Tryndamere is my most played ranked champion, played 29 games as him, won 21

Wrathhyrd

08-04-2013

In the end every champ is viable as long as you can play him. Well and in all honesty i rarely see a useful AP Tryn (spectated games and played against him). All they do is outsustain you and really fall behind in dmg later on compared to AD Tryn (sry for AP Tryn lovers, just my opinion).

Crowds

09-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZer0o View Post
Hey, guys i heard a lot of people saying that Tryndamere isn't viable for ranked but i don't understand why?
Is he viable? And if not, why isn't he?
Definitively viable.
Check out my profile or h4ckerv2 on na.

beschteGG

10-04-2013

damn patch