Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ribbons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BROCKLESNAR12

10-28-2013

Guys i want to know at level 23 with 102 won games how many tw do i need for ribbon

botgamer3

02-19-2014

i got 2 ribbons so far.
one was great leader ( lost it when i got banned)
and now i got a new one honorable opponent.
as said before u most get like 2 honors per game for serval games to get a ribbon gl!

Eclaium

02-19-2014

No need to necro a 4 months old thread just to say how many ribbons you got.

There is no such a rule as "2 honours per game for several games". No Rioter has said anything like it. I've read somewhere in official Riot statement (probably in a Red post in forums long time ago) that a Honour vote by someone who honours often is worth less than a Honour vote by someone who rarely honours. Also if you are premade with someone and the premade person honours you, the Honour vote is worth less.
The honour system is more complicated than what you said. Period.

iHeartless

02-22-2014

I got the green one this morning with 29/8/125/69..
I am questioning the honor system since I can have several games without honor and then maybe once every 10 games I might randomly get 3 teamworks..But is that the people who don't normally give it out giving me more points for it..perhaps!

putz

04-13-2014

Calm down it's just a ribbon

Ghargatuloth

05-11-2014

I honestly don't see the point with the honor system anymore. When it was released it was a big success. Now I never see anyone with ribbons anymore. I'm still not quite sure how the damn system works even though I've read this entire thread, but the point is that it's an utter waste of time. Nobody honors anymore. I honor. A lot. And now I'm told that my honor votes are less worth than people who almost never honor vote? Wtf? And I don't honor vote because I want honor back, but becaues I want to promote a healthy, toxic free community, which is why I always strive to be a nice and tolerant teamplayer (I've gotten one warning in over 2 years of playing). I had my honorable opponent ribbon, but it got taken away for some reason.

So you tell me, what's the damn point anyways? Why not just remove the damn thing.
Bah!

ksad96

05-23-2014

On my EUNE account, I have gotten and held my Honorable Opponent ribbon for about a month now. I keep getting honors from the enemy team by being friendly, complimenting when they make good plays, apologizing when it's a 4v5, and never, ever gloating or flaming in /all chat. I get teamwork, friendly and helpful usually randomly, but more often when I attempt to calm a flaming team down or I play for the best of the team (Locking down a kill, but not taking it, even though I probably could, assisting losing lanes, making a teamfight initiation that costs me my life but also secures a fight win, etc.), and I remain polite in chat. I earned my Great Teammate ribbon today, much to my surprise, and am glad to see that others appreciate that I try to stay good-natured and friendly to others as much as I can. I'm level 30 and ranked in Silver 5, so getting honors isn't quite as common anymore, which makes it even more surprising. All I can say to people that want ribbons is that they should try to be polite and patient, don't rub it in if you're wrecking the enemy team, honor those you feel deserve it (a player who clearly tried and almost succeeded carrying their team deserves an honor. An enemy or ally that tries to be supportive or compliments ANY player, enemy or ally, when a good play is made deserves an honor), and if you really don't know when someone deserves an honor, look at the descriptions. Honorable Opponent say that the enemy was humble in victory, graceful in defeat and that you'd enjoy playing with or against him some other time. Keep that in mind. As for the others, just read them and remember that even if you lose hard, if your team really tried to make it work without raging, they probably deserve an honor.

Sillyddog

07-09-2014

I have almost 400 teamworks and still not have the ribbon.
Is it becuse i play to many with friends that honor me or what is the problem?
I need to know bc my causin had the ribbon after playing 3 months league of legends now i play it a year and still dont have it ?
45 friendly 21 helpful 392 teamwork 53 honorable oppenent

FoxYinny

07-28-2014

I had less than 200 honor in all categories, and I received pretty early, 3 ribbons in a short time, firstly Teamwork, then Friendly, and then AGAIN Teamwork. I heard from a friend that it's because there were no reports in the games I've played, only honors. I think that if u want a ribbon, there shouldn't be any reports! If you are reported, but honored at the same time, I don't think it has a lot of effect on you. It's like, 1 - 1 = 0
My thoughts about it

Princess Nikki

08-07-2014

I think the biggest problem is that in a lost game, most people leave immediately, meaning that achieving honourable opponent is hard to do. People that don't stick around in the after-game chat (which appears to be a lot in my case) shouldn't be receiving the the honour if they aren't ever going to reciprocate. Alas... what can we do?