Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ribbons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BioS iP

04-05-2013

What's the amount of honor you must receive to get the ribbon?
I have 12 friendly, 15 collaborative, 300+ teamwork and 60+ honorable opponent.
I don't have any ribbon yet. A friend of mine got the "honorable opponent" ribbon at 60 honors.
Could you explain it to me, please?

jesuswasapeasant

04-05-2013

Basically, getting a ribbon requires a consistent income of honor every game.

For example, if you get 10 honors in 10 games, you have a better chance of getting a ribbon than if you got 15 honors in 20 games.

The more games you play, the more honor you need. I think on one of my accounts I actually have 200 friendly honors and have yet to receive a ribbon.

It's against the rules to ask for honor, so after a good game i'd suggest saying 'honor for all'. that gives people an incentive to honor you, and if you really want that ribbon it might be your best chance.

Good luck getting your ribbon sir!

http://riotoflegends.blogspot.co.uk/

CyborgBoompie

04-05-2013

I don't have so many honours and I got Yellow , Blue and Green ribbon
as the above post stated you gain a ribbon based on the ratio of how frequently you gain honour points!

I gain honour every game I play. Yellow ribbons , however are given to a player who was approved by the admins. If they think you are a great leader you get yellow

Good luck!

SDMarukokun

04-06-2013

One more factor AFAIK is how much honor you get relative to the general LoL population (don't know if it's a fixed "top 'n' percent honored get a ribon" system or just some tweaking to not give out too few or too little of a particular ribbon/crest.
And from what I've read, except for "honorable opponent" there isn't a 1:1 match between type of honor and type of ribbon/crest: each of the other 3 ribbons/crests need a good score/ratio in 2 or 3 of the types of honor. (don't feel like looking up posts by Lyte with more details at the moment...)
Riot probably doesn't hand-assign any type of ribbons: at the last infographic last year there IIRC were over 32 million LoL account and checking even 1% of those for elegibility of "great leader" would be a nightmare...
(Remember: the tribunal was created partly to enpower the community to clean up its toxic components, but also because it was unrealistic for Riot to hire the hundreds of people needed to process all reports themselves. For honor they'll probably also use (semi-)automation with a few spot checks here and there.)

Talking about the tribunal: if you get convicted by the tribunal (not sure if only on ban or also on warning), all honor is reset to zero, which also removes your ribbons/crests, so stay positive!

Having a dry streak of not getting honor can result in your ribbon(s)/crest(s) being removed until your ratio is back up to to par.
</ramble>

RuneCatcher

05-05-2013

It all depends on how consistently you are honored each game and how well you play too.
I got my YELLOW ribbon when I reached level 19 and I think I had around 20+ Teamwork ribbons. Then shortly after that I got my GREEN ribbon and I have around 60+ teamwork now.

So yeah, It all depends upon how consistently you are honored

The Gladiator

07-04-2013

Quote:
RuneCatcher:
It all depends on how consistently you are honored each game and how well you play too.
I got my YELLOW ribbon when I reached level 19 and I think I had around 20+ Teamwork ribbons. Then shortly after that I got my GREEN ribbon and I have around 60+ teamwork now.

So yeah, It all depends upon how consistently you are honored

That's my problem, I never get honored, even if I was a good teammate or had a great game. I always play with (and against) people who never give honors, so getting a ribbon is pretty hard for me.

Purnylla

07-04-2013

I've got 96/12/265/14 honors and no ribbon. At first, I was upset, but now, I gave up trying and just concluded the honor system fails massively. It means nothing. It certainly isn't a system to reward friendly players, because I'm 100% sure I'm a friendly person.

Eclaium

07-04-2013

I also read in some other thread that if Person A honours people often, Person A's "one honour" gets less worth than Person B's "one honour" who rarely honours people. Same as the report system.

I got 38/14/140/80 atm and I got all 3 ribbons. Green->Yellow->Red and now staying as Green.
I used to honour a lot of people but nowadays I often forget and I only honour for teamwork when my team made a huge come back and won. And I also feel that less people honour as I level up, so I once really loved having ribbon but I now don't care that much.

NickNamez

08-29-2013

Well, i recieved my Honor Ribbon at lvl 19 with 55 Honor likes , My friend 2.

Xeno5

08-30-2013

Hmm.. seem to have recently lost my Honorable Opponent Ribbon. Dont really mind, just confused on how the whole thing works.

I have 55 / 30 / 498 / 163

I think i should get a teamwork one :/ 500 is pretty big number imo.