Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Original Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maxgames

04-04-2013

Greetings fellow summoners!

I am an ordinarie summoner like all of you. And recently I have felt that the new Twisted Treeline isn't what alot of us want it to be. ( This of course is inaccurate due to alot liking it the way it is ) Now I've spoken to alot of summoners out there and they agree with me that the old Twisted Treeline should be available.

~A comparison with the old and new~

The Old Twisted Treeline

The old Twisted Treeline was like a familiar forest. You knew every corner of the beautiful map and you knew the tricks to get around quickly without being spotted. The old Twisted Treeline was the weapon and you its owner, it answered when you called, it lit up when you walked.
The map itself had a touch of darkness, yet it radiated with brightness. One word for the map is - Perfection.

The New Twisted Treeline

The new Twisted Treeline is foreign. The aura of this place is terrifying and the landscape looks to be from an alien movie. The map is too short with barely any chances of having heroic battles. League of Legends is meant to have long battles of glory, bigger maps, more ways to win..
I can describe the map with one sentence - It ain't League of Legends.

If you like the new Twisted Treeline write so in the comments section

If you on the other hand want the old Twisted Treeline back then like this topic!

eBG Cashew

Recruiter

04-04-2013

I liked the old one and when the new one came, I disliked it a /lot/.

I've started playing ranked 3v3 with a couple of friends and I actually enjoy it.

Laptopman

04-05-2013

nice arguments, you would do perfect as a poet or a politician

WildCheesePuff

Recruiter

04-06-2013

RIOT PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR SUMMONERS /\ /\
| |
\ /
\ /
\/

Kampfstumpen

04-06-2013

I never played on the old one, to be honest, but I recently played on the new one and it was a glorious battle, when all players met and fight. It was simple and fun, and I wouldn't change the map at all.

Deatheater X

04-06-2013

I'm going to be honest with you. There are A LOT of threads about this subject already and i bet RIOT knows that a lot of the old school LoL players would clearly like the OLD Twisted Treeline back. I loved it. Seriously, i've played so many games in 3v3 before, about the same as in Summoner's Rift, however since the new TT came out, i've played a couple of ranked, got silver 4, played some normals and now it's almost like Dominion: no one cares.

I remember when i used to play late night LoL (who doesnt love that ) and i almost instantly found a party to play 3v3, and now if you try you barely find anyone even during weekends or friday. It's just not as fun playing the new TT compared to the old one. Seriously, get your items transfered to the old TT and voila: NEAR perfection.

maulocky

04-07-2013

some people like the olt TT , adn some people like the new TT , so why we cant have the 2 TT ?
and soloq in 3vs3 ranked :3

Ratlex

04-08-2013

the new 3 vs 3 map is more like dominion with the altars and speed/healt buff --- the old 3 vs 3 map was more tactics and not help from altars/healt-speed buffs.

xDarkangii

04-08-2013

Quote:
Kampfstumpen:
I never played on the old one, to be honest, but I recently played on the new one and it was a glorious battle, when all players met and fight. It was simple and fun, and I wouldn't change the map at all.

cuz u obviously didnt play on the old map..

the old map was so much better and so much more fun -.-

I Danso I

04-08-2013

Quote:
Deatheater X:
I'm going to be honest with you. There are A LOT of threads about this subject already and i bet RIOT knows that a lot of the old school LoL players would clearly like the OLD Twisted Treeline back. I loved it. Seriously, i've played so many games in 3v3 before, about the same as in Summoner's Rift, however since the new TT came out, i've played a couple of ranked, got silver 4, played some normals and now it's almost like Dominion: no one cares.

I remember when i used to play late night LoL (who doesnt love that ) and i almost instantly found a party to play 3v3, and now if you try you barely find anyone even during weekends or friday. It's just not as fun playing the new TT compared to the old one. Seriously, get your items transfered to the old TT and voila: NEAR perfection.

I couldn't agree more.
The item adjustments are fantastic and would work well on the old TT we know and love, but the new map has more problems than the old one and the items don't really help here, with so many champions easily dominating the game it's worse than before. The alters are okay as a new gametype but get boring extremely fast as does Summoner's Rift (Which is all I play now that the TT is gone).

With 3v3, I loved the fact that you had a duo bot and one single toplaner. All 3 bot at the grass right at the start in the hopes of achieving first blood, before minions had even spawned! Calling SS was VITAL and it really came down to player's teamwork rather than lone-wolf skill. Lots of fights in the jungle, especially over red and I've seen some epic "steal + escapes" on dragon.

Many times did we lose our turrets and inhibs yet still with one last push, we got that ace and pushed back to win! These were the most exciting games of my life. But alas, no more.

League is now mediocre at best and whilst I'm not a huge fan of Dota and not one of these to threaten to swap over to another moba-style game, I definately play league a lot less than I used to now that it's gone.