Can i get demoted from gold 5 to silver 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExPlOd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-04-2013

I got to gold 5. Can i get demoted to silver 1. I know i can if i stay inactive for 27 days, but is there a way to get demoted by getting defeats? I heard it is impossible, but i just want to be sure

nollywood

03-04-2013

Pretty unlikely i dont think anyone has been demoted for anything other than iactivity

Chasios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

you can be demoted from divisions but not from leagues, so the answer is no you cannot be demoted from gold 5 to silver 1

Malakree

03-04-2013

No you cannot be demoted for losing.
You can be demoted for inactivity.

One thing to note, your MMR can still go down, this means you can be "gold 5" but playing with/at the level of "bronze 3/4" players.

Flakkie

03-04-2013

Don't get your hopes up. I was gold 5 0 points and had some lose streaks and thought "well I'm gold 5 anyway np"

Forget it. At one point all my teammates were around silver 4 and I earned barely any lp for a win. Flamers every game etc. It was terrible down there, gold 5 or not.