Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion rework: Trundle, the Troll King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizeron

04-02-2013

Great, trundle on steroids. Sorry but I won't agree with this rework. Not that a single person's opinion matters, but I think you ruined Trundle as a whole.

Trundle's a troll. He is small, smelly, cunning and funny while being amazing. He is a troll! Right now, he is a shaved yeti overlord. He stopped being funny, he now looks like a dominant overlord. And I can't help but think 'Who thought this would work out?'

Trolls are supposed to be small. Trundle was an amazing champion and while yes, you should increase the quality in his graphics (Even though I beg you to change heimerdinger first, his hair looks like a yellow brain tumour) changing trundle seems wrong.

If this is how you are improving your game, I can't wait the next change! Who knows, maybe Fizz will become a maui and sons shark to be more demeaning and overwhelming!

Falcão

04-02-2013

Please Make his Laugh the same! It is the best of the whole game!!!

Baions

04-02-2013

(innate): from 6% max lvl to 2% all lvl (gj riot trundle really needed that omg ). 2% of 2000 hp are 40 health: gg no coment. Now is really the most useless innate of the game
rapid bite (Q): the same (awesome rework)
contaminate (W): no more tenacity (better poke the new king)
pillar (E): 35% slow all level (better nerf old slow)
agony (R): here maybe you have done the only one right thing, but 5 seconds are a joke

riot is trolling us this is not a rework and trundle will be never a competitive champion and time a week and no one will play him if not only who really loves him

Trundle's rework? WHy havent you called it "Trundle's nerf?"

HawkAce

04-02-2013

I see his story like this:
He found a cure for the curse and became more than he ever was, the troll of trolls.

SINGED GAS JUICE

Recruiter

04-02-2013

DONT U DARE TO CHANGE HIS LAUGH !

selex128

04-02-2013

I rarely post here at all, but I really don't like this rework at all. Nice plan, to keep his original skin, but his proportions changed way too much. As English isn't my mothertounge, I may not be able to describe well what I think. Trundle was kreepy, ironic in his design, lurking towards his enemies with his giant club "tribodal". Now he's just an "icy man" with an club. And hell, he's not a troll king! Read his lore, tragically as it is. He's an loyal troll helping his tribe. Would love to see keep his actual model and releasing just a new skin. But Riot does not listen to their community, sadly. Katarina slay belle skin dance proved this.

Liobal

04-02-2013

Sorry, I simply don't like the new model at all, I really want my hunch back. The unique theme of agony/cunning seems to make place for (another) "bully"/physically intimidating bruiser which I personally think we don't need more of. I really liked his theme and his animations because for me, they hit the sweet spot between comedy and tragedy and while his mechanics were not up to par with a lot of his peers I don't see the need to change the crisp and well-done character concept that is behind the little troll at all.

I agree that Karma was in a thematically blurry area but Trundle is well-designed and translates that into well-designed and theme-broadcasting skills that are simply mechanically underperforming. He's not an "appeasing" character of course but should changing that really be the point of a remake?

In defense of the beauty of ugliness, Lio

Suimasen

04-02-2013

I will miss the old Trundle

His Q mechanic was his trademark, the rework wasn't needed here. The slow from the pillar was enough.

W's tenacity loss is a big nerf and the healing buff does not really make up for it, since there are not that many healing spells anyways and i think lifesteal items kinda hurt the tankybuilds (though it could be otherwise, who knows)

E is kinda okay i guess and R has a percent scaling now, which is nice. But it i seems to have lost the life drain, which is a nerf ( and kinda contradicts W ).

Also the new story is ok, but not really for Trundle. He was a simple troll with simple needs on his quest to save his kind which made this unbehaved and malicious troll really likeable.

All in all i hope they overthink some changes they made, escpecially his Q, otherwise i might lose my favourite champ from since the beginning

Edit: Seems i jumped the the gun a bit. Looked at a trundle video from the test server, and he seems to have kept the the ad-steal from his Q and the life drain from the R. The lore "problem" is still there, but i like Trundle mostly for his gameplay so the rework might be acceptable. Riot should write the ability descriptions in this post with more detail (or update it?)

ClockworkEUW

04-02-2013

I have loved every remake so far even if I didn't like them at first. I mained Evelynn before she got reworked and I thought everyone would begin playing her and her whole gameplay would be lost, which didn't end up being the case. BUT at least with her she at least looked the same -.-. Recently, Karma, who I have also played as one of my main mids got reworked too and Im still not sure about her even though shes drastically different. These all turned out better then I thought but you can't do this to Trundle, since s1 on my old account Ive played him almost exclusively in the jungle and I loved his entire feel and design and it was so niche, theres a million frost people (Ashe, Nunu, Anivia, Sejuani, theres too many skins to count). It isnt even unique anymore, nor does he look how he did AT ALL, he went from a cunning little troll to a big brute who doesn't even look like he was cursed, the entire storyline behind the trolls? As far as I can tell EVERYTHING has been changed with this, with karma she at least had the same karmic trope about her, he lost everything; his abilities, his background, his unique theme. Im just saying please reconsider this and Ive read other posts saying similar things

OwenNewo

04-02-2013

I hope the traditional trundle skin will retain the original aesthetics on his skills..