Cannot connect to server [FIX]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohobi

02-04-2013

Ok so, I've been having this problem since yesterday or so. I wanted to log in, put in my info, and then a new window appeared telling me something like 'You are unable to connect to the server; retrying. (Attempt <1,2,3>)' and then I got a new screen with some -coughs- useful -coughs- links.
I've seen people having the same problem as me, but no one knew the answer to it. I've made some researches, tried different stuff.. and found out how to solve this problem. xD
YOU ARE GONNA THINK I'M CRAZY BUT IT WORKS ! :3
-open internet explorer (yuck~ I know D: )
-press alt
-open file
-if the 'work offline' is on, turn it off
-if the 'work offline' is off, turn it on then off
HOPE IT HELPED :3

Halbarrak

02-04-2013

no dice :C

BorímetroMD

Recruiter

02-04-2013

still can't connect

Horokussaky

02-04-2013

dont work..

Kohobi

02-04-2013

ah I'm sorry for me and some other users worked >_< !

Yoü Mad Bro

02-04-2013

Doesnt work for me, Riot some information? Is this a bug or something? Are you trying to resolve it / looking into it. There are quite many people with this issue, I am from Estonia. I have added ports to the safe list, and made sure LoL is not blocked by my firewall. Additionally it worked fine before without any issues after the patch etc. Just today when I got home from work and wanted to play I got the error and it happens on any acccount that I try to log into ( Made a new one to check incase. )

Kohobi

02-04-2013

damn dude, im just a normal player, dont rage at me, rage at them xD

Yoü Mad Bro

03-04-2013

Riot needs to do something about this, its getting frustrating and my hopes of being able to play today or even at this free weekend are slowly diimnishing as I see this sort of **** happening. There was a post made a few weeks ago for riot to see where the problem comes from, countries etc. And attempting to connect to their IP which timed out for everyone yet no red posts.