Best runes for Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TsarBomba

27-06-2010

I need help choosing what runes i should go with, Ive gone through a bunch of guides telling me different things, some go all Furor (%crit dmg) others, Malice (%crit chance) and lastly Desolation (%armor pen). Ive read on the forums a bunch of calculations saying Armor penetration is the best, but these don't necessarily consider Tryndameres high crit %.

Crit chance runes are apparently good early game, but gets less and less valuable as the game progresses and i get a couple crit items.

I'm pretty much debating whether crit dmg or armor pen is better, i usually reach high crit % in mid game.

Anyone tried it out? Need someone to convince me either way.

K0sta

27-06-2010

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: dodge
Blue: cooldowns
Quints: Hp, Hp regen, amor pen, dodge, crit chance, damage

It's a no gamble runepage with everything he needs.

BigWalrus

27-06-2010

A very good way is to get all tier3 crit chance runes. Doing so gives you about 20% crit chance, which means good early game and you also don't need to buy much crit damage items (Youmuu's Ghostblade and Infinity Edge coupled with runes (and your passive) give you enough crit chance). I tried it and even with level 1 crit% runes I have awesome early game.

Archnezumi

28-06-2010

Quints & Marks = Armor pen
Seals & Glyphs = Crit chance

Extremauncion

29-06-2010

Simplified :
Critical damage = better late game.
Armor penetration = better early game.

Armor penetration runes will always be useful even if you are not playing Tryndamere, as they greatly improve the damage output of any champion at the early stages of the game. However, Tryndamere should just last hit minions till the laning phase ends, so all that armor penetration is not as useful for him as it is for other champions.

In the other hand, crit damage runes improve Tryndamere’s true weapon --> critical strikes.

Relien

01-07-2010

What I do is
Red (Mark): Furor (Crit Damage)
Yellow (Seals): Malice (Crit Chance)
Blue (Glyph): This one is the most optional, but I currently go with Focus here, but I will be changing these for more Malice runes here.

Armor Pen becomes pretty gimp after like, L8? No point in them what so ever for a trynd.

MaxPaul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2010

with trynda i play with +20% crit.chance and +13mr

CG Vamned

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsarBomba View Post
I need help choosing what runes i should go with, Ive gone through a bunch of guides telling me different things, some go all Furor (%crit dmg) others, Malice (%crit chance) and lastly Desolation (%armor pen). Ive read on the forums a bunch of calculations saying Armor penetration is the best, but these don't necessarily consider Tryndameres high crit %.

Crit chance runes are apparently good early game, but gets less and less valuable as the game progresses and i get a couple crit items.

I'm pretty much debating whether crit dmg or armor pen is better, i usually reach high crit % in mid game.

Anyone tried it out? Need someone to convince me either way.
simply said

if you go armor pen you'll be having an allround rune usefull for any physical character, but I'd say it's not the most awesome rune for tryndamere

if you go for crit chance you'll have way more lane power. Allowing you to maybe get firstblood, but more importantly allowing you to use your Q (heal) ability a lot and thus stay in lane.

if you go crit damage, you'll be not that powerfull in early game, you miss your crits to use these runes, and to heal. However in late game when your crit chance reaches 60% you'll profit most of these runes. Doing more damage each crit

Summary:

armor pen: allround rune
Crit chance: Early/mid game rune
Crit damage: mid/late game rune

personal recommendation: Crit chance, especially for a beginning tryndamere. It's hard to stay in lane when fighting against a good combo which harasses. Then you need those extra heals. Your late game is really strong already, but you need a way to get there safely

hope my post helped.

Toufiq Rahman

27-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremauncion View Post
Simplified :

Armor penetration runes will always be useful even if you are not playing Tryndamere, as they greatly improve the damage output of any champion at the early stages of the game. However, Tryndamere should just last hit minions till the laning phase ends, so all that armor penetration is not as useful for him as it is for other champions.

In the other hand, crit damage runes improve Tryndamere’s true weapon --> critical strikes.
Your idea is great, I myself go for only critical damage in quintessence.

Tøuk

15-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremauncion View Post
Simplified :

Armor penetration is better late game(because it's calculated on a % base) as it is for the critical damage.