ADC Barrier/Ignite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arheida

31-03-2013

I don't see any reason to pick Ignite when you're almost sure your opponent will pick Barrier (ignite wasted). I prefer to be able to survive and bait people with a shield, rather than DoT-ing them with Ignite. ADCs all have sustained or semi-sustained damage; they don't need kill securing. I leave this for bruisers and AP carries.

SteamMole

31-03-2013

I think barrier is overused. You have to make full use of those 2 seconds the shield is active, or you wasted your spell. Many people can't pull that off.

CrazyHaggis

31-03-2013

I prefer ignite for the most part, but it is dependant on my champion and the enemy team's composition. If they have more than one gap-closer/diver, then I'll take barrier. Otherwise usually ignite unless I'm a character like Caitlyn who will very rarely be in range to use it. Then I usually take exhaust or barrier. Cleanse if I'm against characters like Warwick or Maokai or other tanks with hard CC (though these seem to have fallen out of favour so I very rarely use it now).

Darcy91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHaggis View Post
I prefer ignite for the most part, but it is dependant on my champion and the enemy team's composition. If they have more than one gap-closer/diver, then I'll take barrier. Otherwise usually ignite unless I'm a character like Caitlyn who will very rarely be in range to use it. Then I usually take exhaust or barrier. Cleanse if I'm against characters like Warwick or Maokai or other tanks with hard CC (though these seem to have fallen out of favour so I very rarely use it now).
You do realize Cleanse is completely useless against Warwick? Warwick has no cc except his ult, and his ult is a suppress, which can't be cleansed (same like Urgot & Malzahar ult). The only thingthat works there is Quick Silver Stash...

On-Topic: I personally don't like barrier much, I prefer taking Cleanse or ignite for kill secure.

Asmilis

31-03-2013

Both garbage, cleanse is the way to go.
Its way more important to have that cc breaker, because lategame, you will die with barrier, if you get stunned, and you will kill without ignite. Early and mid game, Barrier seems to get you those close kills on trades with your opponents, and ignite does help your burst. So it depens on the champion. Buut cleanse fits with every champiopn,. It might not give you as many kills, early, but it is still very usefull and stays just as usefull for the whole game.

Maniac89

31-03-2013

Hello, imo barrier is better then ignite cuz it's better late game. I only use ignite on lower range adc as graves,vayne, quinn. Using ignite on long range adc as cait,varus is useless cuz your goal is to autoattack from the max range as possible.

Triachnid

31-03-2013

I use ignite with Draven. Barrier with everything else.

Benzire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

31-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arheida View Post
I don't see any reason to pick Ignite when you're almost sure your opponent will pick Barrier (ignite wasted). I prefer to be able to survive and bait people with a shield, rather than DoT-ing them with Ignite. ADCs all have sustained or semi-sustained damage; they don't need kill securing. I leave this for bruisers and AP carries.
except that ignite ticks for 5 seconds and barrier stays for 2. More like barried wasted.