Zac, good or useless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anders Holum

30-03-2013

There as been so many summonors lately complaning over Zac low damage. He has been called useless by some pro players and i just wanted to speak my opinion about this new chapion. I really think that people saying that he is useless bcuz of hes lack of damage is to locked down to this meta thing.
Zac is not a burst damage brusier, but more off a really mobile and flexible support/cc/jungle type. When i first played him, i was amazed with hes ability to survive in lane, with hes passive and E, he is more than capeble of creating new ways of defeate a laner.

I just think people are just looking to boldly at this champ, what do you think?

DaveAzoicer

30-03-2013

I think that he cant carry for ****. So if you want to climb the divisions on your own, he's not the champ to go.
If you're going in a 5v5, with a lot of damage people, he'll be deadly.

Recoders

Throdin

31-03-2013

For some reason, people look at ZAC and assume he's a high damage bruiser who just happen to use AP instead of AD. In reality he's more like Maokai or Amumu. He brings insane utility, chasing and disruption to a team fight, and is good at taking the hits and surviving (no one will be attacking your passive blobs whilst they have an AD breathing down their neck), but he is not there for his damage.

higura

31-03-2013

depents on how use him...is he weak?...maybe...but you can still pick up kills whitout ever be in truble...so i think ppl look at him the wrorng way...

GlobalHawkPT

31-03-2013

He is weak in terms of damage, but his sustain and cc really can win a teamfight easly

DaveAzoicer

31-03-2013

Indeed.
He's really fun as well. One of my favourite champions right now, due to how amazingly fun he is.

NipBuzz

31-03-2013

Anyways if its not going to be played in competetive then he will be buffed for sure... Id say he has low dmg but he has that teamfight presence, knocking everyone, dealing AOE dmg and he cant really die. Hes a teamfight champ and thats the problem with pro players.. they need some1 who is good 2v2 so they can fight opposing jungler+ mid/top/bot, and thats where he falls off actualy.

CrazyHaggis

31-03-2013

His W actually does a surprisingly large amount of damage (% max health damage is always nice), it is just sustained damage as opposed to burst (which in my opinion is what more champions should have, being killed in 2 seconds with no chance to protect yourself is incredibly anti-fun and lame). I find that in most fights it's more effective to just run around spamming that and your punches whilst picking up your blobs for health than actually auto-attacking people.

His passive also makes him incredibly sustainable and pretty much impossible to counter jungle. I was caught out on relatively low health several times by a Vi today, but I just ran around spamming W and picking up my blobs, allowing me to survive long enough for reinforcements to arrive, and once they were there I could keep her easily slowed with the punch and secure the kill. If things got really hairy you'd still have the passive as well.

E for insanely nice ganks. Sure you can use it for a getaway as well, but jumping over walls unexpectedly is just so incredibly fun and effective.

His ultimate is in my opinion something that needs changing. The initial CC on the first bounce is nice, but after that it is noticably 'meh'. Seems to do pretty much no damage, though it does look awesome. Might be an idea to give it some nice damage and remove the CC element, or make it knock enemies in certain directions on each bounce giving you the ability to knock enemies out of position but have it still doing very little damage, and thus requiring your team to actually be paying attention.

Obviously these are all just first impressions, he's barely been out, but so far I'm really enjoying him. It's been a while since I've actually had much fun jungling.

Kalarath

31-03-2013

if your reliant on cooldowns it feels almost pointless attacking him in lane, with his regen you need to throw everything you have at him to get him down and your left with no aoe for the blobllets