Ip/xp gain system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temperr

26-06-2010

Hey everyone.
The thing i dont get is that i can play a 30 min game and get around 90ish ip, and i can play a 60 min game and get 100, i mean come on, thats just stupid, there should be some sort of Bonus for game length for both winning and losing teams (more for winning team ofc) cuz if u are trying to rack up some ip for a champ/runes its annoying not getting a bonus for very long games compaired to normal length ones imo atleast.
what do u guys think?
Temperr

Funt

27-06-2010

Well, the ip/xp reward system is quite simple. You'll get aditional xp/ip depending on the game length. A winning team will get aditional ip if their team won fast, and the losing team will get bonus ip, if they managed to defend a long time. So the fastest way for you to get ip is by winning, and doing so fast

HiddenoO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-06-2010

The system is in place for two reasons:
a) It encourages fighting out for the win instead of just surrendering when possible to get some quick IP/XP or farming up when you're already winning. It encourages the winning team to finish soon and the losing team to actually defend.
b) The longer a game goes, the more even the XP/IP each team gets becomes. This makes sense because longer games in general are more close games.

Personally I'd say keep the system but increase both bonuses and maybe give a slight general XP/IP boost depending on game length. Something like 2% more IP/XP per minute after the 30th minute. That way it's still better to win as soon as possible but a long game doesn't completely destroy your IP/XP gained per time spent.