how to counter anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ventruez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2011

topic , i simply cant lane vs her
(or which champ can counter her well)

Roxoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2011

Gank and destroy her. She's vulrenable

Hemming

01-02-2011

Which heroes do you usually play? She is indeed hard to kill lane against, but if you can dodge flash frost then let out all you have on her, Flash / Ghost / ignite if neccesary.

Zalz

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxoz View Post
Gank and destroy her. She's vulrenable
I think this sums it up, the only way to defeat an Anivia is by praying she will make a mistake.

Her base damage is just way too high to go 1 on 1 with and despite how some deluded people call her fragile, she actually has alot of HP due to her passive, and as such she can't really be defeated by anyone. Maybe a Kassadin can win if the player isn't very good.

One on one you just don't have the damage to deal with that passive, and any good Aniva isn't likely to even let themselves die to begin with.

People call her fragile but you have to deal with her HP twice wich gives her some of the highest HP out of any champion in the game.

The passive works in solo by making it impossible to win 1-1 over her, and it works in lategame by forcing so much damage on 1 target that it's just impossible to do that in a teamfight and not be punished by the other team for wasting that much damage.

Aniva is way too strong as it stands. You can't charge on her since she has slows, stuns and walls to grind any rush to a halt. Her base damage is the highest in the game. She can survive insanely well and this makes mejai an almost must-have item, with stacks she starts being able to reliably kill people with 1 combo. She farms insanely well, being able to kill an entire wave in 2 seconds and getting all the gold.

Nobody can compete with her damage, range and survivability. There really is no way to defeat a Aniva on a solo lane, except if she makes a mistake, but that goes for any champion in the game.

Jinarai

02-02-2011

< anivia main

personal counter in mid:
kassadin (no words)
cassiopaia (depend from player)
lux (good one really hard)
leblanc (silence is a dirty thing)
akali (if she is defensive to lvl 6 she is able to rock hard)

never play a teemo or a rat against her,
in the most games i eat them 3 times in the first 10 minutes

Malthorn

02-02-2011

Kassadin would beat her and make her to go back, but still i think he wouldnt be able to kill her (he would use his whole skill rotation, and then he would have to use normal attack to kill her in the egg, which is imposible with no attack speed).

Maybe Twitch would be able to kill her if she didnt buy any ward.

Veigar would have a chance if he put his stun perfectly, espetialy at lvl 6++, because his ulti would kill her only thx to her own AP)

Maybe akali with her ulti if she would play it wise(?)
She's perfect against karthus, maybe would be good against anivia as well

Anyway, she is one of the best duelist in game, and cleanse and/or Flash are must haves against her ;p

The best (safest) way IMO to play against her is not sending ranged dps against her but some tank, like mundo, cho or morder- just not to let her feed

PhalloX

02-02-2011

I manage to annihilate any anivia laning mid against me with ryze, prolly because of cleanse?

Nezumiiro

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhalloX View Post
I manage to annihilate any anivia laning mid against me with ryze, prolly because of cleanse?
Anivia can slow you much more often than you can cleanse.

Malthorn

02-02-2011

well cleanse wont help u after she gets lvl 6 and her aoe slow ;p remember that it is her E spell dealing the most of her dmg

God of Ward

02-02-2011

Buy boots as your first item and run around like a crazy chicken. This prevents you from getting hit till lvl 6, then the real fun begins. She can kite you really well with her ult, but depending on your champ you can either try to harrass and kill her if she makes a mistake, or rely on your teammates. She's insanely hard to 1vs1 as most people said, but this comes at the price of being VERY mana hungry, squishy if not protected by the passive and highly dependant on her combos. Silencing her after she popped her ult will greatly disable her, making Kassadin and Leblanc rather good counters too.

Surprisingly, Kata works very well too. Due to shunpo you can evade most attacks and a well-placed ult makes the passive worthless. Same goes for Karthus. He doesn't care about the passive, Q and E will do the job.