Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord ZattoR

03-30-2013

Quote:
SDMarukokun:

You haven't been paying attention: Riot thinks out of combat/sustained healing is bad, so no new support or support rework will have a good heal on a short cooldown.
Karma has a shield + speedup (AoE with Mantra), a root and an AoE slow. That's a pretty decent/standard support kit.

Nah men, she got decent ap carry kit... This is a dmg suport... Its like having a lux suport, but with lower dmg (but still high for a suport)...

Silberlicht

03-30-2013

Quote:
V Fénix:

W:
Karma used her spirit bond to speed up an ally or slow an enemy (12% or 24%) for FIVE SECONDS!!
I was spamming this just to make Xin Zhao cross the battlefield. Slow Garen and secure a kill for Katarina. Take Caitlyn out of danger and scort her to a safe bush, prevent Jax from smashing Teemo.... etc, etc, etc.

It was ONE OF THE MOST funny abilities in the game.

Now, after the rework, Marka cast a magical chain similar to LeBlanc that makes a little damage over time (2sc) and root the target if unbroken.
Useful for saving a teammate if JUST one enemy is chasing, But if it's 2 or 3, he's doomed. With my former "Spirit bond", i could cast it on my team mate and save him no matter how many enemies were chasing him.

I can use Marka's W to chase an opponent, but this IS NOT stun, so, once i arrive to him, he cast all his abilities and kill me. It's viable just in case your opponent has no life and is about to die. But this happens not so often, considering that Marka has no real nuke.

So this ability it's not worth the exchange and for me it's a loss.

E: DA GREAT LOSS.
Karma could shield any minion, friend or herself for a decent amount of damage. It scaled good and by late game your ADC with a perfect timing shield could be unstopable.

In mid lane i used mantra-shield on enemy minions to damage my opponent out of range.
I used it on a fighting friend just when the enemy was about to die for kill steal (feels good).
I even used it on a fleeing team mate that was about to die and i killed the enemy chaser. That was fun.
I used it on Siege Minions to destroy towers.
I used it on myself for farming and jungling. (good for gettin blue buff)

Now, after the (fail) Rework, Marka can cast a similar shield, but it's weaker and it makes almost no damage.
And, since she has ONLY ONE single Mantra, it's a total waste using it on the shield for farming. Your one and only mantra will be ALWAYS on cooldown.

This new shield speeds up "a little" to the wielder, and has an effect similar to "Shurelya's Reverie" but shorter (just 1 sec).

I don't feel that this is useful, really. I Can't see the impact when Mantra-Shielding with Karma. That was like a BOOM! And the enemy doesn't know where did that came from.

Karma lost his shield for something similar to Jana's or Lulu's. I'm very sorry for this. Mantra-shield was a spectacular combo and i enjoyed it very much. I'll miss it.

R: THIS IS UNBEARABLE

Karma had 2 Mantras, the only ability that made her special, unique and sometimes, strong.
I spammed the 2 Mantras like crazy all the game. For me it was NEVER enough, because, honestly, her raw abilities sucked a lot. But with Mantra they were cool!

I invested all my gold in CDR. I had runes, I had masteries to get my 40% cap in 14 minutes before teamfights start.

I was helping my team, i was seizing minions, i was fleeing from enemy or chasing my target.

Karma was a true leader due to THEESE TWO MANTRAS.

Now, after the (screw) Rework, Marka has one and only Mantra impossible to time correctly because it has A MONSTROUS COOLDOWN.
So you are always saving it for that dangerous situation to cast SOUL FLARE and nothing more.

¿Do you know how many times I mantraed the W or the E??? ... Not a single one.

PASSIVE: STOLEN
Karma got AP as less health she had. I used this for bait into tower A LOT. And people bited, and they died.
I ran from impossible situations A LOT.

I killed enemies that were chasing like crazy.

Marka's passive SHOULD BE a part of her R. NOT HER PASSIVE! Riot, you are COMPLETELY WRONG in this point. If you want to fix something, at least fix this. She got her passive stolen. Give it back, please.

¿What's the result?

With Karma my stats were 2/1/26 or 1/0/24 or sometimes 6/4/33 and just sometimes 8/5/28

Depends on match, and... on my mood.

With Marka my stats have been 11/2/4 and 9/5/6 even 13/3/7

So.... comparing.... Karma was a support and Marka is an assassin ap caster with nuke combo.

(By the way, Marka stats are very similar to regular Leblanc's)

So, just to finish. I want my old Karma back. No... really. I want my old Karma Back or i will stop playing League of Legends.
For me now it's pointless. My second main is Anivia. My great Ap Caster SUPER MID RELIABLE. But playing Anivia it's too much responsibility. She is powerful but slow and very easy to gank. Playing her for me it's like suffering. My team press me a lot and they rely on me.

A few notes:

Her W at max rank used to speed up about 18% without mantra. It lasted for 5 seconds.
Getting off the full duration was equivalent to getting a speed buff of 90% for 1 second.
Her shield gives a speed buff equivalent to 75% for 1 second at max rank.
Without her mantra, she had to get off more than 4 seconds of her old spirit bond to cover more ground than the shield. I'd prefer a quick dash in sticky situations.
And you can still safe your teammate from multiple enemies, her q has an aoe slow.

E: you might want to check the numbers again: The base values of the shield without mantra is the same. Same goes for damage. Granted, the ap ratio went down from 0.8 to 0.5, but the empowered shield still has a shield ap ratio of 0.8 for the target and an increased base value.
And as i covered above, +60% movementspeed even for 1.25 seconds is nothing to be underestimated. It is a better skill, and you can still do all the things you could do before.

R:Yes, she can only use one mantra now. But that single mantra is much more valuable than the mantra before. And you should try using her mantra on her shield.

Passive: Used to be only useful when she was about to die. For healbaiting that might be interesting, but in every other situation it was less useful. And usually being low on HP in team fights comes at the same time when you are low on mana, giving you some extra Ap you couldn't use because there was no mana for her abilities.

Her kit just wasn't that impactful overall. She was a lanebully, but as soon as teamfights started she dropped in usefulness more than anyone else.

GanjahJoe

03-30-2013

Quote:
SDMarukokun:
Well, you do realize that for a game where most people queue solo or at most duo, a champion that only works fine if you queue as 5 and those other 4 are very familiar with how Karma works, is a critically flawed design...
(that's as silly as for ex. creating a champion that's OK from diamond league and up, but bad below that...)

Sorry but in solo Q i did like 7 pentakills with the old karma. Now its like an ally of the other team, useless.

GanjahJoe

03-30-2013

Quote:
V Fénix:
I would tell THE PERFECT KARMA.

Q: As it is now. Inner flame makes her mid playable and a good harasser. It also provides some cc that she was screaming for.

W: Spirit bond the way IT WAS. Slows enemies, speeds up allies, no damage.

E: Boom shield AS IT WAS. No speed up. What do i need for shield in a chasing team mate or what do i need for speed in a shielded teamfight?
btw, the shield now protects less.

R: 2 Mantras old school. 20 seconds cooldown. We could nerf a little soulflare, enemies don't want soulflare every 10 seconds.

Passive: The old passive.

Her W did lots of damage to the people in the mid. So that of no damage its not true.

GanjahJoe

03-30-2013

Quote:
GUZA911:
prefered the old karma tbh now shes just a mid laner or a support that goes ap and by lvl 5-6 deals more dmg to me then the enemy adc....guess they will nerf due to this soon and destroy karma

Ols karma was better at mid. U only had to wait until u had like 30% of your life get near the other champ shield with matra, q and the other champ was dead, and if he runned away u had your w.

GanjahJoe

03-30-2013

Quote:
V Fénix:
So, people, I see that many of you agree with me and I can read my nick many times in this post, so thank you.
As a former user of my old Karma, i would tell my experience with the NEW her.

I have been playing the new Karma (from now on i will call her Marka, because THIS is NOT Karma).

So, i have been playing Marka (the new champion that wants to resemble Karma) for 24 hours now and, after 15 games i can tell that i understood her abilities pretty well.

Soooooo i can compare the ORIGINAL Karma with this new Marka. Aaaaaand, let's get to it:

I like the Q. Damn, i like to make my mid opponent rage and punish him with 20% of his life bar everytime he makes a mistake. This is fun: "one single step out of your minions and BOM!"
I like soulflare. I like the AoE, the CC and it's super useful to scape. I'll kinda miss my fans, but... it's worth the exchange.

(At least, in the traditional skin, she uses her fans to dance taichi ^_^)

And HERE ENDS what i like in the rework, the rest is a FAIL. --------> Let's compare:

W:
Karma used her spirit bond to speed up an ally or slow an enemy (12% or 24%) for FIVE SECONDS!!
I was spamming this just to make Xin Zhao cross the battlefield. Slow Garen and secure a kill for Katarina. Take Caitlyn out of danger and scort her to a safe bush, prevent Jax from smashing Teemo.... etc, etc, etc.

It was ONE OF THE MOST funny abilities in the game.

Now, after the rework, Marka cast a magical chain similar to LeBlanc that makes a little damage over time (2sc) and root the target if unbroken.
Useful for saving a teammate if JUST one enemy is chasing, But if it's 2 or 3, he's doomed. With my former "Spirit bond", i could cast it on my team mate and save him no matter how many enemies were chasing him.

I can use Marka's W to chase an opponent, but this IS NOT stun, so, once i arrive to him, he cast all his abilities and kill me. It's viable just in case your opponent has no life and is about to die. But this happens not so often, considering that Marka has no real nuke.

So this ability it's not worth the exchange and for me it's a loss.

E: DA GREAT LOSS.
Karma could shield any minion, friend or herself for a decent amount of damage. It scaled good and by late game your ADC with a perfect timing shield could be unstopable.

In mid lane i used mantra-shield on enemy minions to damage my opponent out of range.
I used it on a fighting friend just when the enemy was about to die for kill steal (feels good).
I even used it on a fleeing team mate that was about to die and i killed the enemy chaser. That was fun.
I used it on Siege Minions to destroy towers.
I used it on myself for farming and jungling. (good for gettin blue buff)

Now, after the (fail) Rework, Marka can cast a similar shield, but it's weaker and it makes almost no damage.
And, since she has ONLY ONE single Mantra, it's a total waste using it on the shield for farming. Your one and only mantra will be ALWAYS on cooldown.

This new shield speeds up "a little" to the wielder, and has an effect similar to "Shurelya's Reverie" but shorter (just 1 sec).

I don't feel that this is useful, really. I Can't see the impact when Mantra-Shielding with Karma. That was like a BOOM! And the enemy doesn't know where did that came from.

Karma lost his shield for something similar to Jana's or Lulu's. I'm very sorry for this. Mantra-shield was a spectacular combo and i enjoyed it very much. I'll miss it.

R: THIS IS UNBEARABLE

Karma had 2 Mantras, the only ability that made her special, unique and sometimes, strong.
I spammed the 2 Mantras like crazy all the game. For me it was NEVER enough, because, honestly, her raw abilities sucked a lot. But with Mantra they were cool!

I invested all my gold in CDR. I had runes, I had masteries to get my 40% cap in 14 minutes before teamfights start.

I was helping my team, i was seizing minions, i was fleeing from enemy or chasing my target.

Karma was a true leader due to THEESE TWO MANTRAS.

Now, after the (screw) Rework, Marka has one and only Mantra impossible to time correctly because it has A MONSTROUS COOLDOWN.
So you are always saving it for that dangerous situation to cast SOUL FLARE and nothing more.

¿Do you know how many times I mantraed the W or the E??? ... Not a single one.

Don't lie... With just one mantra, you want to save it for Soul Flare, just in case.

PASSIVE: STOLEN
Karma got AP as less health she had. I used this for bait into tower A LOT. And people bited, and they died.
I ran from impossible situations A LOT.

I killed enemies that were chasing like crazy.

Marka's passive SHOULD BE a part of her R. NOT HER PASSIVE! Riot, you are COMPLETELY WRONG in this point. If you want to fix something, at least fix this. She got her passive stolen. Give it back, please.

¿What's the result?

With Karma my stats were 2/1/26 or 1/0/24 or sometimes 6/4/33 and just sometimes 8/5/28

Depends on match, and... on my mood.

With Marka my stats have been 11/2/4 and 9/5/6 even 13/3/7

So.... comparing.... Karma was a support and Marka is an assassin ap caster with nuke combo.

(By the way, Marka stats are very similar to regular Leblanc's)

So, just to finish. I want my old Karma back. No... really. I want my old Karma Back or i will stop playing League of Legends.
For me now it's pointless. My second main is Anivia. My great Ap Caster SUPER MID RELIABLE. But playing Anivia it's too much responsibility. She is powerful but slow and very easy to gank. Playing her for me it's like suffering. My team press me a lot and they rely on me.

Karma was way much funnier.

I MUST THANK TO RIOT PEOPLE the effort they made with Karma's rework. I know their intentions were good. But sometimes there comes a time when they have to admit their mistake.

RIOT YOU ARE WRONG.

Don't change Karma.

I accept the Q, it's funny, i agree. But not the W, the E, the R and the Passive. No way. I will not tolerate this.

I BEG PLEASE!!!! Make her as she was. Change the Q but not the rest.
Fix her again so we (fans of old Karma) can have fun again and play her like crazy.

Please, Riot, I miss her.

Dont forget that now u have to upgrade the R as well so u have 1 lvl less in all your other abilities.

I did scores like 4/2/23 as support, 21/2/11 as mid, and ridiculous pentakills as a jungler, with the old karma.

Now i think is useless for support, mid and jungle.

I totally agree with u in your post, and i think all old karma users do.

So please give us back our old karma

Èlysium

03-30-2013

And , all in all your dealing , tons of damage *glasses*

Love you Phreak

GanjahJoe

03-30-2013

Can karma do anything like this now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NajKJ0_EYew

I dont think so.

theRoyzen

03-30-2013

Did anyone saw that Sivir Skin? O_o want that Sivir skin Q_Q

Lost Soul Ricki

03-30-2013

I wont the Old Sakura-karma-skin or my Money back plz.
I hate the new Sakura-karma.