Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Espada Club

03-29-2013

i wish Riot listen to us and reconsider their work. I appreciate the effort, but they were completely wrong. This is not Karma. We need 2 mantras, and we need her old passive. You can keep the q if you want. But please, spirit bond to an ally, boomshield and 2 mantars. PLEASE

Espada Club

03-29-2013

I would tell THE PERFECT KARMA.

Q: As it is now. Inner flame makes her mid playable and a good harasser. It also provides some cc that she was screaming for.

W: Spirit bond the way IT WAS. Slows enemies, speeds up allies, no damage.

E: Boom shield AS IT WAS. No speed up. What do i need for shield in a chasing team mate or what do i need for speed in a shielded teamfight?
btw, the shield now protects less.

R: 2 Mantras old school. 20 seconds cooldown. We could nerf a little soulflare, enemies don't want soulflare every 10 seconds.

Passive: The old passive.

AdamantAmmonite

03-30-2013

I don't know if LoL players look stupid to Riot, but we must do since they try making us believe this champion would still be a support that can't even heal allies anymore and got a chain skill that appears to have twice the range of LeBlancs + an additional slow to make sure noone breaks it.
'People still kinda want their old Karma, better tell them she's still the lovable support we used to know, because: Look, Karma and her friends are helping with the blue buff, she's totally a support. Oh boy, Karma really is a dedicated support! She shields her squishy for 30 points, slows the whole team and bursts them down!'
The way i see it you just remade her into an ap mid champ and were afraid people would complain about her not being a 'full' support anymore, therefore giving her the possibility of a random all team shield, almost similar to Lux...
I really feel screwed over, not by the fact that Karma is an entirely new champion, but because Riot continues to treat people like retards...

I agree with V Fénix, would've really loved a pure support remake without all the needless dmg.

GUZA911

Recruiter

03-30-2013

prefered the old karma tbh now shes just a mid laner or a support that goes ap and by lvl 5-6 deals more dmg to me then the enemy adc....guess they will nerf due to this soon and destroy karma

Espada Club

03-30-2013

So, people, I see that many of you agree with me and I can read my nick many times in this post, so thank you.
As a former user of my old Karma, i would tell my experience with the NEW her.

I have been playing the new Karma (from now on i will call her Marka, because THIS is NOT Karma).

So, i have been playing Marka (the new champion that wants to resemble Karma) for 24 hours now and, after 15 games i can tell that i understood her abilities pretty well.

Soooooo i can compare the ORIGINAL Karma with this new Marka. Aaaaaand, let's get to it:

I like the Q. Damn, i like to make my mid opponent rage and punish him with 20% of his life bar everytime he makes a mistake. This is fun: "one single step out of your minions and BOM!"
I like soulflare. I like the AoE, the CC and it's super useful to scape. I'll kinda miss my fans, but... it's worth the exchange.

(At least, in the traditional skin, she uses her fans to dance taichi ^_^)

And HERE ENDS what i like in the rework, the rest is a FAIL. --------> Let's compare:

W:
Karma used her spirit bond to speed up an ally or slow an enemy (12% or 24%) for FIVE SECONDS!!
I was spamming this just to make Xin Zhao cross the battlefield. Slow Garen and secure a kill for Katarina. Take Caitlyn out of danger and scort her to a safe bush, prevent Jax from smashing Teemo.... etc, etc, etc.

It was ONE OF THE MOST funny abilities in the game.

Now, after the rework, Marka cast a magical chain similar to LeBlanc that makes a little damage over time (2sc) and root the target if unbroken.
Useful for saving a teammate if JUST one enemy is chasing, But if it's 2 or 3, he's doomed. With my former "Spirit bond", i could cast it on my team mate and save him no matter how many enemies were chasing him.

I can use Marka's W to chase an opponent, but this IS NOT stun, so, once i arrive to him, he cast all his abilities and kill me. It's viable just in case your opponent has no life and is about to die. But this happens not so often, considering that Marka has no real nuke.

So this ability it's not worth the exchange and for me it's a loss.

E: DA GREAT LOSS.
Karma could shield any minion, friend or herself for a decent amount of damage. It scaled good and by late game your ADC with a perfect timing shield could be unstopable.

In mid lane i used mantra-shield on enemy minions to damage my opponent out of range.
I used it on a fighting friend just when the enemy was about to die for kill steal (feels good).
I even used it on a fleeing team mate that was about to die and i killed the enemy chaser. That was fun.
I used it on Siege Minions to destroy towers.
I used it on myself for farming and jungling. (good for gettin blue buff)

Now, after the (fail) Rework, Marka can cast a similar shield, but it's weaker and it makes almost no damage.
And, since she has ONLY ONE single Mantra, it's a total waste using it on the shield for farming. Your one and only mantra will be ALWAYS on cooldown.

This new shield speeds up "a little" to the wielder, and has an effect similar to "Shurelya's Reverie" but shorter (just 1 sec).

I don't feel that this is useful, really. I Can't see the impact when Mantra-Shielding with Karma. That was like a BOOM! And the enemy doesn't know where did that came from.

Karma lost his shield for something similar to Jana's or Lulu's. I'm very sorry for this. Mantra-shield was a spectacular combo and i enjoyed it very much. I'll miss it.

R: THIS IS UNBEARABLE

Karma had 2 Mantras, the only ability that made her special, unique and sometimes, strong.
I spammed the 2 Mantras like crazy all the game. For me it was NEVER enough, because, honestly, her raw abilities sucked a lot. But with Mantra they were cool!

I invested all my gold in CDR. I had runes, I had masteries to get my 40% cap in 14 minutes before teamfights start.

I was helping my team, i was seizing minions, i was fleeing from enemy or chasing my target.

Karma was a true leader due to THEESE TWO MANTRAS.

Now, after the (screw) Rework, Marka has one and only Mantra impossible to time correctly because it has A MONSTROUS COOLDOWN.
So you are always saving it for that dangerous situation to cast SOUL FLARE and nothing more.

¿Do you know how many times I mantraed the W or the E??? ... Not a single one.

Don't lie... With just one mantra, you want to save it for Soul Flare, just in case.

PASSIVE: STOLEN
Karma got AP as less health she had. I used this for bait into tower A LOT. And people bited, and they died.
I ran from impossible situations A LOT.

I killed enemies that were chasing like crazy.

Marka's passive SHOULD BE a part of her R. NOT HER PASSIVE! Riot, you are COMPLETELY WRONG in this point. If you want to fix something, at least fix this. She got her passive stolen. Give it back, please.

¿What's the result?

With Karma my stats were 2/1/26 or 1/0/24 or sometimes 6/4/33 and just sometimes 8/5/28

Depends on match, and... on my mood.

With Marka my stats have been 11/2/4 and 9/5/6 even 13/3/7

So.... comparing.... Karma was a support and Marka is an assassin ap caster with nuke combo.

(By the way, Marka stats are very similar to regular Leblanc's)

So, just to finish. I want my old Karma back. No... really. I want my old Karma Back or i will stop playing League of Legends.
For me now it's pointless. My second main is Anivia. My great Ap Caster SUPER MID RELIABLE. But playing Anivia it's too much responsibility. She is powerful but slow and very easy to gank. Playing her for me it's like suffering. My team press me a lot and they rely on me.

Karma was way much funnier.

I MUST THANK TO RIOT PEOPLE the effort they made with Karma's rework. I know their intentions were good. But sometimes there comes a time when they have to admit their mistake.

RIOT YOU ARE WRONG.

Don't change Karma.

I accept the Q, it's funny, i agree. But not the W, the E, the R and the Passive. No way. I will not tolerate this.

I BEG PLEASE!!!! Make her as she was. Change the Q but not the rest.
Fix her again so we (fans of old Karma) can have fun again and play her like crazy.

Please, Riot, I miss her.

IRMentat

03-30-2013

Played her a couple of times now and karma is a dangerous lane bully.

That Q is one of the most effective poke skillshots I have used (AE slow with decent AP ratio and range).
The W is like a targeted morgana ult/leblanc chain, with an insane 25% missing HP self-heal if mantra'd (I'd rather see is cut to 10-15% and heal AE)
The E shield has decent duration and a brief run speed steroid that Kayle would kill for.

The single mantra at a time is now understandable considering its standard level-up nature and the raw power it adds to an abilty.

She is still as mana hungry as ever though.
I forsee some form of nerf on the speed.slow and and heal amounts due to the overall #do everything# nature of her kit.

#edit#
I just read the rather emotional post above. I will agree on one thing.
The passive #maybe# could have been part of the ult.
Possibly overpowered though as you still aim for max cooldown on karma and the passive.

She does feel like a new champ now, more nuketastic than support your allies, mostly due to the lack of an ally heal (old karma could keep a full wave of minions alive).

Mindspell

03-30-2013

Aside from the kit, what really proves how poorly Riot is treating us is the skins.
Sakura and Sungoddess are RUINED. They are RIDICULOUS!!
Those who bought them earlier are being so mocked here. The way they just left everything hafl-finished is awful.

Riot refunds or new rework!

Espada Club

03-30-2013

Quote:
IRMentat:
Played her a couple of times now and h is a dangerous lane bully.

That Q is one of the most effective poke skillshots I have used (AE slowIt's imth decent AP ratio and range).
The W is like a targeted morgana ult/leblanc chain, with an insane 25% missing HP self-heal if mantra'd (I'd rather see is cut to 10-15% and heal AE)
The E shield has decent duration and a brief run speed steroid that Kayle would kill for.

The single mantra at a time is now understandable considering its standard level-up nature and the raw power it adds to an abilty.

She is still as mana hungry as ever though.
I forsee some form of nerf on the speed.slow and and heal amounts due to the overall #do everything# nature of her kit.

#edit#
I just read the rather emotional post above. I will agree on one thing.
The passive #maybe# could have been part of the ult.
Possibly overpowered though as you still aim for max cooldown on karma and the passive.

She does feel like a new champ now, more nuketastic than support your allies, mostly due to the lack of an ally heal (old karma could keep a full wave of minions alive).

I respect your opinion and agree with you that her new q is awesome and she needed a nuke like that. But in the other hand, she have lost the potential to really save lifes because she must damage Champions ir order to low the cd of mantra. That makes a totally different style of playing from before. That's NOT Karma, you must admit it.
Now she has no ulti and no passive. Because i was playing her all the day long and i can tell you that you have 1 mantra per teamfight "maybe" 2 if you continu. Alive. Its not worth the exchange, is it?

Maybe i sound emotional, it's my way of expressing, but you must understand that she was my main and now i don't have.

TiTeddyBear

03-30-2013

No items? Or did I miss them?

-TTB

Iké

03-30-2013

i want to get my old karma back ...shes moved to a bad mid ap carry from a reallly great support, mid, solotop and possible jungler

now i cant play her support mid or solotop anymore