Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Restlessheart

Senior Member

03-29-2013

For those that are dissapointed by Riot Bad Job.... and the totally fail rework of karma...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/700/525/528/stop-rework-of-karmakeep-original-karma/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urusai Yatsura

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Funny how Kharma was the least popular and most lessed picked champion of all 109 champions available with the worst win rate of 28% for last 8 months and now, when remake hits the servers, all of a sudden she was "such a great champ" and "so cool" etc..

I lold.
Greetings, Urusai


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Restlessheart

Senior Member

03-29-2013

ursai the point is about old karma that she was really unique and special... hard 2 play and much harder 2 master and also and that is the most important point the most of the people can't handle a karma in team.... cause they dont know how to play with someone that is playin karma....if u cant understand this.... then u will never understand it... the fanbase around original karma know what i mean with that she was not made for casual players....after remake she is made for casual players...
old karma needed full teamwork ability of the team... to be efficient
and also... she was mostly a supporter with for sure a nice dmg... and usefull abilities
but now she is a AP bi.... and seriously their are much more better AP bi.... as karma...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcelo

Senior Member

03-29-2013

old karma was A BEAST in good hands and very very very fun to play. nothing like this fail rework
i didnt play karma that much because:
i normally play solotop
she had huge manacosts making it hard early levels, specially if you were playing support and your AD got harassed constantly. she was fine after unholy grail, struggled before
she works best in a team without trolls or idiots/newbies. it was very very very frustrating playing with idiots because you couldnt carry the game. all your abilities worked based on allies and enemies. if alies dont position in front of your heal they wont get healed, if the tank doesnt position in the middle, you will fail your mantra shield. if team doesnt understand that they should be running in the beam, they will run slower. etc

and besides they ruined the skins as well

i will not play this pile of **** ever again and i want a refund on sakura karma


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Althalos

Junior Member

03-29-2013

Nope... Change her name please, Riot, because this is not Karma.

You just took away all the uniqueness of Karma, destroyed Karma herself, and made a new champ with the same name and overused kit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aaron Massian

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Quote:
You haven't been paying attention: Riot thinks out of combat/sustained healing is bad, so no new support or support rework will have a good heal on a short cooldown.

Apart from the fact that what they're thinking is borderline stupid and only catering to tournaments, Karma never had good healing on a short cooldown. It was actually really long, and not good if the target was above 50% health.

I'm really sad they nerfed her shield utility heal passive farming and burst damage for the sake of an absurd root and a spammable nonsense. Saying she's like lux is a pretty big insult to the Lady of Luminousity.

I mean you now have to blow your ONE charge of Mantra to speed you team (for such a short time that it's not even worth mentioning, see nami's passive), you have no more aoe clutch heal and the shield is pitifull, long cooldown, 4s only. And all you gained was some useless range and a spammable spell that can't clear waves to save its life.

But really the worst is...
Her shield looked so much better before, and she now shouts ridiculous things when she activates her Mantra :s

That's really not Karma. But I'm fairly certain bot lane is gonna get decimated by that " thing ", but that won't be through her abyssmal supportive abilities (see awful shield). I don't see her winning mid anytime soon though. I don't see her ' powerful teamfight utility " that she was supposedly lacking before, and that she was supposed to get. All I see is she is a really worse support than before, while being too weak to mid, top or jungle.

But, she's fun to play !

Quote:
Funny how Kharma was the least popular and most lessed picked champion of all 109 champions available with the worst win rate of 28% for last 8 months and now, when remake hits the servers, all of a sudden she was "such a great champ" and "so cool" etc..

She needed a team with a brain, and only 28% of LoL seem to qualify.
Her only hole was she had no hard CC, and the rework didn't even adress that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SDMarukokun

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Quote:
Restlessheart:
ursai the point is about old karma that she was really unique and special... hard 2 play and much harder 2 master and also and that is the most important point the most of the people can't handle a karma in team.... cause they dont know how to play with someone that is playin karma....if u cant understand this.... then u will never understand it... the fanbase around original karma know what i mean with that she was not made for casual players....after remake she is made for casual players...

Well, you do realize that for a game where most people queue solo or at most duo, a champion that only works fine if you queue as 5 and those other 4 are very familiar with how Karma works, is a critically flawed design...
(that's as silly as for ex. creating a champion that's OK from diamond league and up, but bad below that...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcelo

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Quote:
SDMarukokun:
Well, you do realize that for a game where most people queue solo or at most duo, a champion that only works fine if you queue as 5 and those other 4 are very familiar with how Karma works, is a critically flawed design...
(that's as silly as for ex. creating a champion that's OK from diamond league and up, but bad below that...)

OR

everyone watched old karma's champion spotlight and learn
your logic sucks.
so no one understands how syndra works with all those orbs up and down, let's make her shoot forward projectiles and totally change her appearance and skills. everyone that liked how she was and even bought skins are IDIOTS eating icecreams with their forehead, right? no respect

she needed mana cost reduction and maybe a bit less cooldown on mantra. and thats it. she would be perfect. ok fine, they could change a bit of her appearance but the players would keep the old kit and still connect to what she was. but riot are imbeciles so they decided to scrap everything good she had and instead make a different champion and call her karma. at least leave the old one and name this champion something else


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Espada Club

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Quote:
SDMarukokun:
Well, you do realize that for a game where most people queue solo or at most duo, a champion that only works fine if you queue as 5 and those other 4 are very familiar with how Karma works, is a critically flawed design...
(that's as silly as for ex. creating a champion that's OK from diamond league and up, but bad below that...)


We have 108 other champs for that. Karma was UNIQUE, and now she is gone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caxapim69PT

Junior Member

03-29-2013

Old Karma' plz ! x'(( I gou Unistall.