Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DDoS explanation and protection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

feuerbach

03-28-2013

+1 for OP

whitehats are sexy!

Sevaara

03-28-2013

Quote:
Hamashimura:
Black Hats with a simple Low Orbital Ion Cannon

Btw, any skills that you think you have will never exceed the ones of true black hats

Script kiddies with a LOIC and actually, I will eventually be on par and maybe will exceed in knowledge in comparison to a 'true black hat'.

Broodpaal

03-28-2013

Well being a hacker is wrong no matter in what context you want to put it in. White hat or black hat makes no difference.

That being said you need some knowledge of how these things work if you want to try prevent it.

I am sure you already know of this but this is a nice beginner site to help you get on your feet if you are thinking about security.

http://www.hackthissite.org/

Good luck

Riot Froststab

Associate Project Manager

03-28-2013

FROGGEN WHY?

Sevaara

03-28-2013

Quote:
Broodpaal:
Well being a hacker is wrong no matter in what context you want to put it in. White hat or black hat makes no difference.

That being said you need some knowledge of how these things work if you want to try prevent it.

I am sure you already know of this but this is a nice beginner site to help you get on your feet if you are thinking about security.

Good luck

You understand what a white hat does right? They're the reason your bank details have some degree of safety on them as one example.

Sevaara

03-28-2013

Quote:
Froststab:
FROGGEN WHY?

Froggen ddos op.

Grubbery

03-28-2013

Quote:
Broodpaal:

Good luck

If it was wrong, why are ethical hackers (aka white hats) paid thousands of $/€/£ by companies? Why would several Universities offer ethical hacking as a course if it is wong? Being a white hat is about hacking a system to find a flaw, on behalf of the person who owns the system with their full knowledge and agreement that you do it.

Broodpaal

03-28-2013

Quote:
Sevaara:
You understand what a white hat does right? They're the reason your bank details have some degree of safety on them as one example.

I am not going to argue with you because this debate won't end, but to answer your question: Yes I do exactly know what white hats "do". I have a degree in internet security.

In the end hacking is wrong.

Broodpaal

03-28-2013

Quote:
Grubbery:
If it was wrong, why are ethical hackers (aka white hats) paid thousands of $/€/£ by companies? Why would several Universities offer ethical hacking as a course if it is wong? Being a white hat is about hacking a system to find a flaw, on behalf of the person who owns the system with their full knowledge and agreement that you do it.

Obviously if it is a paid service yes, but did you know white hat hackers go around hacking systems that do not ask for it?

But like I said I am not going to argue about this - it won't end.

Grubbery

03-28-2013

Quote:
Broodpaal:
Obviously if it is a paid service yes, but did you know white hat hackers go around hacking systems that do not ask for it?

But like I said I am not going to argue about this - it won't end.

Then they are a grey hat. It's not all black and white.

Badam tsh.