Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips to being a better player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jsp

05-09-2013

Quote:
dontdirt:
"Its no point to antimeta in ranked, if youre playing soloque.
Nobody else is wanting antimeta games and its only you. Dont be selfish.
Play normals instead and have premades. This way you dont piss off others for no reason."

why don't you rename the guide to "playing lol for sheeps"

Or you could just ask your team if they want to go trough your plan.
And that comment about sheep. Someone has to herd them right?
I want happy and nice sheep instead of angry raging failing sheep.

But in seriousness: Ask before action.

Jsp

05-09-2013

@Talzanar

Imho calling a lane is the most frustrating thing ever in draft mode.
You're given a randomized order of picking. Use it. I always say i prefeer this and that and then say that i suck in this and that roles. If the teammates are at the same elo with me, its no problem. But in lower elo, people tend to troll and ruin games by doing anything to ruin your experience.

I personally think that a solution would be:

A check box before queueing.
AD Carry [x]
Ap Mage [x]
Tank [ ]
Bruiser [ ]
Support [ ]

This will not force meta since there are no lanes chosen in that check box.
After choosing 2 champion style's You hop on queue and see what happens.

After the champion select starts, you will be given a color representing your role.
Your 5 man team is always given all 5 difrent colors. You are still free to pick ANY champion you want, but the role is given. This way nobody will have fights about 3 persons wanting mid. Since the mid was already picked and distributed trough queue.

Everyone will know what role goes which lane at the current meta so the lanes will be magically called ahead even if the meta is not set in stone.

And good job on your duo bot. I myself duo with my parnter and have a mind blowing 90% chance to win our lane. (DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO WON GAME)

Good Guy Bulten

05-09-2013

This should become a sticky post! (=

Jsp

05-09-2013

Quote:
AlexMaggot:
This should become a sticky post! (=

I agree.

I already have posted a support ticket about the "role picking checkbox"
Ill post results what they respond. The "box" is designed in a way that it will never set the meta in stone.

If you picked support in the checkbox and the meta shifted into a support goes top with bruiser. you can still do it because you never checked a lane in the checkbox. And if the meta changes into 2 supports meta, you can still check tank and you can then pick a tanky support. The solution is atleast worth trying.

Jsp

05-11-2013

Bumpity! Made a thread about the improved champ selection in the GD forum

Jsp

05-24-2013

Bump!

Jsp

05-24-2013

Bump!

Barek Longboe

05-24-2013

Well, when an enemy has an AFKer, i say GG WP because they tried their best to still win, and i think it's great they were ingame. And didn't leave.

Malicant

05-24-2013

bump

Jsp

05-24-2013

Quote:
Barek Longboe:
Well, when an enemy has an AFKer, i say GG WP because they tried their best to still win, and i think it's great they were ingame. And didn't leave.

In my opinion its much better to just say "WP sorry about the afker."
Or just say wp in short.

GG is a short version of "good game". And you know how frustrating it is when you have 1 person ruin the game completely and the enemy team turns the knife in the wound and laughs at your face saying you're pathetic by just saying GG in a situation where it completely was a bad game.. or BG in short.

Please don't use the phrase good game when the game is just plain and obviously one sided (enemy having a troll or an afker)

I've gotten many honorable opponent honors just for only saying WP, sorry about the afker.