How to get out of bronze league?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tom07140

23-03-2013

Hi!

I'm just gonna start this thread off with saying that I know I'm not the best player in the world or anything because I think there might be comments about this later.

Now on to my main problem and the reasoning behind this thread. I started this season off in bronze IV. Mostly because I messed up my placement matches and I understood my mistakes. I was cool with me being in bronze IV to begin with and saw it as a bigger challenge to get to gold where I want to be by the end of the season. Now tough I fear I may never get the chance.

Like I said I started off in bronze IV, from there on I fell to bronze V and mostly again it was my fault. I was trying to get into ranked games more and figuring out how it was different from normal games and what I have to do differently etc. Once I sunk into bronze V I slowly climbed my way up to bronze III and from there on I did some duo queue's and climbed my way to bronze I recently. I was very happy and the silver league was in sight. I got very excited about that and since I had a week off from school I started to play ranked games even more so I would get there faster.

As I started to play more games tough I started to lose and mostly I figured out what I did wrong and tried to learn from my mistakes. But after I had a few losses in a row and I started falling in bronze I, I started to notice what my team was doing wrong. They were constantly yelling at each other and even me at times, in the meantime I was trying to calm them down so we would actually have a chance at winning the game. However it was not to be. The constant flame and yelling etc, got my teammates very upset. Some even ended up leaving the game which made the game even worse for the rest of us than it already was.

At that point it seemed that one of the best ways to carry yourself out of bronze was to duo queue again but that was not always an option since my friends who I usually duo with have their own plans etc. So I started to think of a way to solo carry games with my strongest and favorite champions as best I could. Still things weren't looking up to me and then I fell back to bronze II. Now I'm still in bronze II but with 0 LP.

Here is where the title of this thread comes in. How do I get out of bronze league and into silver? Like I said I know I'm not the best player and I like to think I'm around average, but every game I try to learn something new. You can look me up in lolking and look at my stats and criticize all you want but let me tell you this. The kda score doesn't tell you if I'm a bad player or not. Or to be more precise, I believe the kda score is only half of it. Some of the bad scores are because of the bad communication in the team, or because of some leavers and so on. I know I've made mistakes and I'm trying to learn from them but I'm just asking the people who are no longer in bronze league, how to get out of it. Maybe you can list some champions who do well in the bronze league or are very strong in their lanes or some strategies that helped you get out of bronze league.

Thanks in advance.

Lionh34rt

23-03-2013

be a better player in short

work on your mechanics, champ pool, attitude in long.

Blazeflame

23-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionh34rt View Post
be a better player in short

work on your mechanics, champ pool, attitude in long.
Pretty much this.

Just admit to yourself that you're a bad player and you'll actually improve. It's what I did.

Lionh34rt

23-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeflame View Post
Pretty much this.

Just admit to yourself that you're a bad player and you'll actually improve. It's what I did.
I never did that, i always found myself so super amazing, i will try your trick, Froggen teamless soon.

Defunctional

23-03-2013

Keep calm and keep playing.
Don't flame and increase your skills.
Become as good as until you can carry the whole game alone (or at least "almost" alone)

Arufe

23-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionh34rt View Post
I never did that, i always found myself so super amazing, i will try your trick, Froggen teamless soon.
Well, I'm currently in Gold 1.
When I am on a streak I just go into every game saying I am the best, however if stuff doesn't go to well I think there is time for some well needed self critique.

boo

23-03-2013

Help your team (with ganks)
Try duq with a friend and play jungle (too help your team most)

Cheers
Boo

RIP Lore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-03-2013

this may sound dumb, but try to have fun.

If you have fun playing a champ, you will naturally get better at him and at the game, and when your skill improves, your rating will eventually follow. Just accept your current rating as a measure of progress and try to play your best.

If the only reason to play for you is to win, you will eventually get to a rating where you have 50% winrate (because thats how the system works), and every loss, so half of your games, will feel like a waste of time. But it's a videogame, so just try to have fun.

o0Phantom0o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-03-2013

I started out in bronze too. however, now I'm in silver5 and moving up as we speak.

you want the short answer?
try to maximize your contribution to the team and think not only about your self/lane, but the 4 other players around you too.

long answer? I'll lay out my plan A for you.
I prefer to go jungle with shyvana. I start off by stealing the buff the enemy is not starting at. then I give my blue to mid. I keep an eye on enemy jungle and steal as many buffs as possible. instead of blaming players who are doing bad I try to help them out as much as I can. this is essentially the core of it. also look at team compositions.

Mldnights

23-03-2013

They are partial right u require skill but also luck .............. And if your lucky u can be carryed away to gold all depend on luck xD