Low LP in Silver 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobJojje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-03-2013

I've won 3 games in a row now in Silver 1, had 82 points and won then i got 9 points, i win one game after that and got 4 points and won one after that too and got 2 points? Why is this happening is it because im close to advance to gold series?

Rhoda Issa

22-03-2013

Read the FAQs linked in the sticky threads up here in GD. Yes, it is because you are close to gold promotional series.

fikifaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-03-2013

I had that problem too ... u just have to play and win more game than u loose ...
soon u ll get out of there!
I was so often at 97-99 points silver 1 ... once i even dropped silver 2,
but came back won all games and got promoted ...
win more games than u loose and ur hidden mmr will go up and u ll get more points ...

Cpt Rosko

22-03-2013

im having this problem now im current on a 8 win streak and seem to be getting less and less points lots of people saying the system is trying to stop me from getting promoted because i belong in silver :| ( which is a silly thing to say )

Rhoda Issa

22-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Rosko View Post
im having this problem now im current on a 8 win streak and seem to be getting less and less points lots of people saying the system is trying to stop me from getting promoted because i belong in silver :| ( which is a silly thing to say )
Not necessarily true. The system wants to confirm you can hold your own in gold because of the nature of it being a permanent promotion. As long as you keep winning more than you lose your MMR will increase even if your LP stays the same. In time you will then get more LP per win and lose less per loss.
For myself, my LP went like this: 70-85-70-85-promo (3-0 series -> gold). This means that after my placement matches I was put in a too low division and my progress in divisions was accelarated. If your rating is more accurate instead, or may be even too low, you will have some problems in making the last few LP. It is working as intended.

Cpt Rosko

22-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Issa View Post
Not necessarily true. The system wants to confirm you can hold your own in gold because of the nature of it being a permanent promotion. As long as you keep winning more than you lose your MMR will increase even if your LP stays the same. In time you will then get more LP per win and lose less per loss.
For myself, my LP went like this: 70-85-70-85-promo (3-0 series -> gold). This means that after my placement matches I was put in a too low division and my progress in divisions was accelarated. If your rating is more accurate instead, or may be even too low, you will have some problems in making the last few LP. It is working as intended.
so after i get promoted which i will will my LP points go back to 20+ ?

NoobJojje

22-03-2013

I got 120 wins and 97 losses, so that can't be true. And my KDA(if they count that in) is really good compared to the ones i play with!
And atm i got 4 wins in a row.

Rhoda Issa

22-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Rosko View Post
so after i get promoted which i will will my LP points go back to 20+ ?
Something similar should happen yes, unless after promotion you lose a lot of matches dropping your MMR again (but you can't ever fall out of gold V).

Lícozy

22-03-2013

it means u suk

Cpt Rosko

22-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Issa View Post
Something similar should happen yes, unless after promotion you lose a lot of matches dropping your MMR again (but you can't ever fall out of gold V).
aww okay thx for that info