Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Low LP in Silver 1

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobJojje

Junior Member

03-22-2013

I've won 3 games in a row now in Silver 1, had 82 points and won then i got 9 points, i win one game after that and got 4 points and won one after that too and got 2 points? Why is this happening is it because im close to advance to gold series?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhoda Issa

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Read the FAQs linked in the sticky threads up here in GD. Yes, it is because you are close to gold promotional series.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fikifaki

Junior Member

03-22-2013

I had that problem too ... u just have to play and win more game than u loose ...
soon u ll get out of there!
I was so often at 97-99 points silver 1 ... once i even dropped silver 2,
but came back won all games and got promoted ...
win more games than u loose and ur hidden mmr will go up and u ll get more points ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rosko

Junior Member

03-22-2013

im having this problem now im current on a 8 win streak and seem to be getting less and less points lots of people saying the system is trying to stop me from getting promoted because i belong in silver :| ( which is a silly thing to say )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhoda Issa

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Cpt Rosko:
im having this problem now im current on a 8 win streak and seem to be getting less and less points lots of people saying the system is trying to stop me from getting promoted because i belong in silver :| ( which is a silly thing to say )


Not necessarily true. The system wants to confirm you can hold your own in gold because of the nature of it being a permanent promotion. As long as you keep winning more than you lose your MMR will increase even if your LP stays the same. In time you will then get more LP per win and lose less per loss.
For myself, my LP went like this: 70-85-70-85-promo (3-0 series -> gold). This means that after my placement matches I was put in a too low division and my progress in divisions was accelarated. If your rating is more accurate instead, or may be even too low, you will have some problems in making the last few LP. It is working as intended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rosko

Junior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Rhoda Issa:
Not necessarily true. The system wants to confirm you can hold your own in gold because of the nature of it being a permanent promotion. As long as you keep winning more than you lose your MMR will increase even if your LP stays the same. In time you will then get more LP per win and lose less per loss.
For myself, my LP went like this: 70-85-70-85-promo (3-0 series -> gold). This means that after my placement matches I was put in a too low division and my progress in divisions was accelarated. If your rating is more accurate instead, or may be even too low, you will have some problems in making the last few LP. It is working as intended.


so after i get promoted which i will will my LP points go back to 20+ ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobJojje

Junior Member

03-22-2013

I got 120 wins and 97 losses, so that can't be true. And my KDA(if they count that in) is really good compared to the ones i play with!
And atm i got 4 wins in a row.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhoda Issa

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Cpt Rosko:
so after i get promoted which i will will my LP points go back to 20+ ?


Something similar should happen yes, unless after promotion you lose a lot of matches dropping your MMR again (but you can't ever fall out of gold V).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lícozy

Senior Member

03-22-2013

it means u suk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rosko

Junior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Rhoda Issa:
Something similar should happen yes, unless after promotion you lose a lot of matches dropping your MMR again (but you can't ever fall out of gold V).


aww okay thx for that info


12