Silver 1 - Gold 5. Change the points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Strapzy

20-03-2013

I think it should be a little bit easier to get from Silver 1 to Gold 5.
Because as soon as you reach 85+ / then you need to win approximately 10 games in a row or something? Which is quite much especially with all these trollers nowdays... ?

You get like 2+ three times at 90, then you also need to win three of five to pass the qualifaction and so on. I think atleast making it one or two game less if possible, that should make it a little bit better, thanks.

Effylol

20-03-2013

yep. this sounds about right. my closest was 99LP while getting +1 from 94-99. Then at my 99lp game i had a huge throw and lost -19. my closest ever since was 96LP. Now its been almost 3 weeks stuck in Silver1. Had about 80% winratio in silver1 and now im down to 50% and my mmr has dropped like crazy. Only gaining/losing 5-6LP.

Getting very frustrating...

rasho Q

21-03-2013

I have the same issue. I were on 90+ lp won game after game were on 99 lp won two more games (+0lp) and after that lost one now i'm back on 82 lp. It's the fault of our MMR which are too low. So in order to get to gold 5 we need to constantly win games (with the sole options of losing lp if u got 99) until the MMR is higher and we actually can get to the promotion series.

MarkLess

21-03-2013

Mission impossible. ... Apart from the shiny medals I see no reasoning behind the new ranked system. The old one was 10 times better imo. Since it is almost impossible to fall from silver/gold/plat/diamond, there is absolutely no reason for the 0 LP division V players to even try if they decide not to. Also if a player starts performing worse in a series of games he will still be at in that sweet gold/plat/diamond league. While for us silver 1 division's it seems almost "Mission impossible + Die hard" combined to even get to promotion series due to MMR problems. Ah well there is always team ranked and aram ... :S

Dawnbringerify

21-03-2013

To Crnicelad above me, there is a reason to try if they are division V and 0 LP, you mentioned it yourself - MMR. They will lose it and make it harder to progress along the lines, as well as the fact that the tribunal is a thing.

In my opinion, the gains and system are fine and fair, I am in a similar situation to you right now, in gold 1 slowly making my way to platinum. It's in place because of your mmr, and the fact that you cannot drop a division once you reach it so they need to be as sure as reasonably possible that you are competent enough to rise up.

TheAgency

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-03-2013

Nah doesn't have to be changed i did 7 qualifiar series from silver 1 to Gold, although i lost them all.

Voorie

22-03-2013

Just play and acept the LP,

I started at bronze 4, now im in Gold V, WIN WIN WIN, and u'r getting promotion, if u loose the promotion your MMR get's reseted and u'r getting 15-25 LP every win again

zebiextee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-03-2013

Its not hard at all, ur MMR prolly aint high enough, my MMR was higher than silver one, thats why i could get into gold easily, just from 80 LP i needed just 1 victory, so just keep winning more games and u will get to gold soon.

PelleB

22-03-2013

"Just play and acept the LP" - Its great and everything, but I started in bronze something too, made my way up, I'm in silver 1 atm and here it happens 85LP+ you get 2-3 points, you loose -9 to -11. WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT? It can't even be done with WIN WIN WIN, you need to WINx8-15 times, in a row. Its demotivating, I've been at 94 three times now, and then i loose and go back to around 80 maybe even less. I can live with the syntes IF it takes as much as it gives, but this is not the case. It was fun playing for 10-20 points, its not fun to win 2 or loose 10. I see my freinds starting to give up ever getting higher - And well i myself have almost lost the spirit.

I guess this has something to do with this 2MMR", what is this, can someone explain this to me?

Yodu13

22-03-2013

It's not an issue.
If your hidden elo or MMR, is not near of 1500 (gold), you'll get less points.
When your elo, is 1490 (example) you'll get much more points.
If your elo is 1400 and you're in silver I, the sistem will give you 2 or 3 points, and it will take for a defeat 20 or more points.
When your elo is similar to your rank sistem, you could get promoted to gold tier.
We can't know our hidden elo, but in lol king, there's a similar system that aproximates your elo but remember that it couldn't be your real elo (or maybe yes).

I hope you understand it, and good luck in the fields.