General Guide for League of Legends Beginners [AD Carry]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PR0TECT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-03-2013

Disclaimer

Hello Summoners, this guide is intented for Players new to the game or trying to refresh some basic informations to get back into the game. While this might seem like obvious informations for long-term Summoners like me and you who have played alot of games, i honestly hope and believe this will be helpful for those who are confused and trying to set foot into League of Legends.

If you have any feedback: Positive or Negative please tell me the reasons why you liked it and why you didn't. This will not only help Beginners but also myself.

About me

I'm playing League of Legends since August 2010 and have played it since then very active, with a good portion of determination and positive energy. My Rating's are nothing to brag off; Respectively in both Season 2 and now in Season 3, i have achieved Gold Rating. (Since Season 1 was my Starting Time, i haven't put much emphasis into ranked game's and had alot of fun in premade or public normal games)

The AD Carry and what does the term indicate?

You are the primary AD ("Attack Damage") Carry for your Team. You have the reponsibility and joy of helping and securing the win in later stages of the game, there are Key-Principles you have to improve upon to make sure you actually help instead of doing the exact opposite.

Classified as AD-Carry Champions are those who are using Ranged Weapons to deal out their damage. You will be accompanied by a Support Champion who will try to make your Laning Phase and all other Phases of the Game as secure as possible. (While you might not see those types of players before Level 30).

Key Principle (1) Farming

Farming or Last-Hitting enemy Minions is a key principle in almost any Position you will play. It is the act of securing easy-acessible Gold Income which will lead to necessary Item's to do the job talked about in the section above. AD-Carrys do not have the highest Base-Damages for their Abilities so they rely upon Item's, on Botlane a Support will help you farm (especially if you're pushed to the Tower).

Key Principle (2) Positioning

For the most Part of the Game you will be a Glass Canon (Glass Canon = Something Squishy which is easily killed). So you have to look out for AOE (Area of Effect) Damage, Crowd Control (Which disable you from repositioning and dealing damage) and other harmful things that might get in the way of you dealing: the highest possible dps.

Key Prinicple (3) Focusing

Most People you met or will meet, will tell you to focus some certain Champions, while this might seem like a good idea, think about it. Of course if those high-threat targets are in reach without any form of danger, then go for it and kill them. But Otherwise think of it as a Layer of Champion's on the opposing Team who try to hold you off to kill those high pressure targets; Focus those Champions who pressure you and might kill you if you don't go for them. It might be the Tanks or the Support, it doesn't matter which but it's better to deal damage all the time instead of running around; doing nothing and possibly dying.

Remember: If you get the Chance to focus high-pressure targets (Their AD Carry or AP Carry) then procceed to do so, but care if there is a tank or other champions who would kill you or disrupt you long enough for the others to kill you, then don't. Dealing DPS over dying is far more important.

Basic's and Summarizing the Principles

1. Always farm, you need items.

2. Attack the enemy AD Carry or Support on Bot-Lane if it's safe to do so (Harrasing) and go for the kill if you think you can get it (without dying yourself). You of course need to do mistakes and die horrible alot of times to know your limits. In the end it's better to play over-aggressive and die then play passive, why? Because if you die or get behind in CS or anything else that you might have done a mistake, so you can improve on that.

3. Communicate with the other guy on your Lane (The Support) you will spend alot of time with this guy on the lane and he's important.

4. Don't and this is important: Never stroll alone around the map without knowing what you are going to do. If you get caught while going in alone, you do the opposite part of what you should have been aiming for (Shining in Later Stages of the game and securing the win). Always go with your Team or farm safely in Lane.

General Items on AD Carry's

1. Dorans Blade
2. Berzerker Greaves
3. Infinity Edge, Blade of the Ruined King, Bloodthirster, Lastwhisper, Phantom Dancer
4. Quicksilver Sash, Frozen Mallet, Warmogs/Randuins

You generally want to get one or two dorans blades.
The 2. Boots are the best you can get.
Take the item you think you need.. take first Bloodthirster/Blade of the Ruined King or Infinity Edge and then build whatever you feel is best.

Do you need more HP, because you are dying to fast?
Get Frozen Mallet (My personal Favourite of those), Warmogs or Randuins.

Are they to tanky (It seems you don't deal any damage?) If they have high HP get Blade of the Ruined King or if (click on the champions) and see if their armor is around 120 or higher then get a Last Whisper to be able to dish out some respectable damage again.

What AD-Carry is easy to get or easy to use for me?

Ashe and Sivir are easy to get from their IP Price so get them (450+450 = 900 IP).
Those are fine to start with.
Otherwise test other AD Carrys in the free rotation out and think about it (play 5-10 games) does the champion fit my preferences / do i like this guy's face?.

Ending

This Series will feature any currently featured Meta Role.
While i understand that there are lots of people who will not play like the current Meta-Game, please understand that it is easier for Beginners to follow preset rules or tips to get them into games. I remember quite alot of games where it was difficult to get into without soaking up informations from many many friends and outsiders.

English is the second Language for me, so there will be some obvious little mistakes. Even something like ?. or !. could happen because it type fast and alot.

Also if you want any section added for this Guide, please tell me why and i'll discuss it with you in the comment section. Thank you very much for your time and see you on the Fields of Justice.

Secret Notice:

"You found this on the ground, Stainless Smile (even though he's so much far experienced) takes in Novices to join him for some battle's on summoners rift.".

Sorry Sorry! I kinda did this on a whimp and it's not the best roleplay i've written. Anyways if you are new or want to check up on your abilities. Then we can play, i'm sure we can have some fun and learn together!

CloppyFawk

16-03-2013

I do not agree with one point though, which is the fact you build stuff like frozen mallet or warmogs/randuins. As an AD carry you NEED to dish out tons of damage, that is your goal. Taking frozen mallet as a second item makes you bruiser like and slows your build down enormous putting your team kind of behind due to the lack of damage.

Quicksilver sash or guardian angel is what I advice to take as defensive item, however take it as 4th or 5th major item instead of second.

Cloppyfawk

PR0TECT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloppyFawk View Post
I do not agree with one point though, which is the fact you build stuff like frozen mallet or warmogs/randuins. As an AD carry you NEED to dish out tons of damage, that is your goal. Taking frozen mallet as a second item makes you bruiser like and slows your build down enormous putting your team kind of behind due to the lack of damage.

Quicksilver sash or guardian angel is what I advice to take as defensive item, however take it as 4th or 5th major item instead of second.

Cloppyfawk
It depends on the game, you usually build 2 damage items and then proceed to take either LW or more Damage Items if you think "you" are safe. If you need kiting, or survivability then taking Warmogs, Randuins or Frozen Mallet is the best option to continue dealing damage(Kiting, 700hp+ and some Attack Damage). Of course you should dish out as much damage a possible but if you die to fast because you're building only Damage then it's not worth it.

Second Point, Sash is a good Item.
In most cases Guardian Angel is bad item though, if you're killed then you will not continue to dish out that more Damage. This can be personal preference but with people playing on Gold and watching Streams across Challenger, Diamond and Platin: i don't see anyone buying either Sash or Guardian Angel. Besides you can take Cleanse as Summoner Spell which is with Barrier currently the most effective and most used summoner spell you can see on AD Carrys.

You don't need to build 3 Defense Item's though, that's waste of money. But as seen in Games, i don't remember who but someone did pick up both warmogs and Randuins which can be quite nice if you need that edge.

CloppyFawk

16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Smile View Post
You don't need to build 3 Defense Item's though, that's waste of money. But as seen in Games, i don't remember who but someone did pick up both warmogs and Randuins which can be quite nice if you need that edge.
Might be genja, he also buys merc treads or armor boots sometimes.

PR0TECT

17-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloppyFawk View Post
Might be genja, he also buys merc treads or armor boots sometimes.
Yeah it could have been Genja.
And it's interesting to have someone build somewhat different from Standard Build's because it show's it can or cannot be good to switch out stats to get other stats.

Also to just finish on the critic you gave me:

This is mainly my opinion and what i saw. There is no !Go X and Win every game you encounter! There is no build set in stone, the only thing i'm trying to set with this simple guide is help especially newer players to get a vague idea of the matter and try to lead them into thinking for themselves, while this is very difficult and i don't think it has been done that good by me, though i think it somewhat got through.

If Guardians Angel work's for you, then go for it.
I don't think it's optimal, but if you think it is, then go for it.