Best "decent for all champions" rune page ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1CKER

28-01-2011

I`m thinking

Flat HP Quints and Seals
Flat AS Marks
Flat CD Glyphs

If u`re gonna post pls explain your choices.

For example:
- I`m picking always Flat because of the biggest bonus at low levels, after that items take over
- HP because it`s the best all around defense early game
- AS is always good, even on mages because they deal dmg to towers with their AP so it helps when u need to kill a tower fast
- CD - well, everyone needs some CD

Now remember these have to be Decent on all champs, I`m building my first rune page on EU

Thanks.

Razp

28-01-2011

Universal? Hm...
HP Quins/Seals, MPen Marks, CD glyphs?

iEnV

28-01-2011

AS? lol.. Flat cd's? lol..

Roxoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-01-2011

I have only AS for laning + turrets xD

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

28-01-2011

there are i think 5-8 threads with the same argument, but anyway:

quints: flat health / armor/magic penetration / movement speed
someone says flat health. i personally don't like it (works only early levels, with some practice you don't need them), and i'd say magic/armor penetration (more noticeable after some levels), or movement speed (it's unbelievable how they change your life!). in the end, anyway, quints are up to you. i have something like 6 sets of quints and still change them sometimes.

marks: armor/magic penetration
increase your damage. not much to say about this, they're the best marks here.

seals: manaregen/lvl (clarity)
mana is never enough, huh? well, these are the best manaregen runes possible. flats? naaaah, these are equal at level 4 and better after.

glyphs: flat CDR (focus)
as you said, these works for everyone, right? and you'll be happier with the flat ones 'cause the scaling ones won't match them until mid/late game, where they have almost the same result (also, cooldowns are lower on high levels, making CDR less effective later on). if i need it, i can get CDR capped by the 15th minute with those, with the scaling it's impossible.

other good choices (imho) are dodge/armor seals or mr glyphs, if you feel you don't need mana / CDR.

Tsumeato

28-01-2011

An all champions page doesn't exist. but there are 2 common pages i use.

Mage

Hp quints
Magic pen marks
mp5/l yellow
CDR/l blue.

DPS

HP quints (Or ArP)
ArP Marks
mp5/l yellow
CDR/l blue

Lowtwo

28-01-2011

What Tsumeato says. Those are my basic rune pages for AD and AP carry. Saves IP because you can use both seals and glyphs on both and you only need to swap marks around and maybe a quint here and there.

For AD i would say ArP quints and AP champs HP or AP depending on the champ.

You could change Seals to dodge/hp or armor maybe if you play AP champs like vlad/morde/akali. I do keep magic pen and cd reduce though.

Pimptoad

28-01-2011

Universal hmm HP quint, cooldown reduction other thing and attack speed because that helps with farming and taking down turrets.

You feed I rage

28-01-2011

I just spammed a whole page of AP runes, because I couldn't be bothered with them.

35AP at the start of the game isn't bad... For Ryze anyway.
xD

I should of bought Magic Pen etc I know. But tbh I frankly couldn't give a dang about runes.

Raptorg

29-01-2011

You can get by with two rune pages.

Both with HP quints.
Both with MP/5 yellows.
Both with CDR/Lvl blues.

Then on each, MPen or ArmorPen.
Even if the MP/5 is wasted on a lot a fair amount of champions, it doesn't matter much, it's the most basic of basic runes, and they work fine depending on whether you're doing magic damage or physical damage.