Question about provisional matches.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pupknick

11-03-2013

I'm currently getting into ranked, after 1800 normal games i think that I'm more than ready.

I was at 1400 elo when the new system came in, and i was told that they changed your actual elo into hidden elo.

Anyways, i'm trying to get into playing ranked, and I've already played one game (Win)

I noticed that i got queued up with gold and silver ranked players, which i thought was wierd due to my friend queueing up at the same time (not duo) and got into queue with bronze players.

I thought this was wierd and i looked up my teammates and enemy and more than half was Silver 1 or higher, the highest being in gold 4.

How is this fair? He's being teamed up by lower ranked players, while i have to play against higher ranked players.

Does this mean that i have a chance of getting into a higher league if i manage to win most of them?

mEGA74u

11-03-2013

you should get informed. his elo last season was around the equivalent to Bronze of this season, so he'll get matched with players from those elos. Imagine you were 1600 last season and he was 1000. If you won the 10 games you'd get into Diamond or Plat. If he won the 10 games max he could go to would be Silver 1 or 2

IK Killz

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupknick View Post
I'm currently getting into ranked, after 1800 normal games i think that I'm more than ready.

I was at 1400 elo when the new system came in, and i was told that they changed your actual elo into hidden elo.

Anyways, i'm trying to get into playing ranked, and I've already played one game (Win)

I noticed that i got queued up with gold and silver ranked players, which i thought was wierd due to my friend queueing up at the same time (not duo) and got into queue with bronze players.

I thought this was wierd and i looked up my teammates and enemy and more than half was Silver 1 or higher, the highest being in gold 4.

How is this fair? He's being teamed up by lower ranked players, while i have to play against higher ranked players.

Does this mean that i have a chance of getting into a higher league if i manage to win most of them?

it's because you had 1400 elo already, you get matched with people around that elo
and also, you have 1.8k wins, i bet your friends don't

Pupknick

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK Killz View Post
it's because you had 1400 elo already, you get matched with people around that elo
and also, you have 1.8k wins, i bet your friends don't
The amount of wins i have on normal has nothing to do with my ranked matchups.