BRUISER QUINN TOP LANE GUIDE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vivace

03-03-2013

I know everyone has been discussing this before, but I just want to let people know that she is, and if you queue and pick her for toplane and get people raging at you for it, do it anyway!

Early game
Your starting items depends on your laning enemy. If someone like Garen or Pantheon, take cloth and 5 pots. If an AP based champion, take 1 Rejuvination Bead, 6 pots and a ward.

With an early Phage, you get the health and the damage needed to poke your opponent with Harrier. Her Range is just enough to be effective poke, but it's not enough for her to have OP harass.
Next you want to build a Bilgewater Cutlass. This will later be built into a Blade of the Ruined King. This will give you some sustain, as well as a scary active passive late game.

Mid Game

Now you want a Giant's belt, which you will complete your Frozen Mallet with.
After this, either get another Giant's belt and a Warmogs, or a Giant's belt and then finish off your BotrK, depending on how well you think you're doing.

Your build now should be:
Frozen Mallet, Blade of the Ruined King, Giant's Belt.
or
Frozen Mallet, Bilgewater Cutlass, Warmog's.

Lategame

Late game will be situational. A Randiuns is usually a good pick, as well as a Last Whisper, to make your ultimate hit that much more.

Boots

Boots are entirely Situational. In this example, I went for pure speed with Boots 3, and the Alacrity bonus. This was because I wanted to get to the action as fast as possible in Valor form, and this helped me achieve that.

Mercury Treads with Alacrity are probably the safer option though.

If you got Ninja Tabi in lane, feel free to buy a Zephyr for more movement speed, and the Tenacity that you don't have from Ninja Tabi.

Her Kit

Her Kit leans towards top lane. She is a very situational ADC. For example, she may be good against Vayne, because they both have a similar range, and Vayne relies on auto attacks for her damage output. But against someone like Graves, who's damage can come from his Q and R, or Caitlyn, who simply outranges you, Quinn is a terrible choice.

Whereas I think she's a rather safe pick for top lane. If the enemy suddenly goes quite aggressive and you have no wards, you can W to check if the jungler is nearby. If you get in a REALLY bad situation, you can Vault off somebody, turn into Valor and fly away. I think her kit just shines in the top lane.

Here is my current best game with Quinn and Valor!!
http://oi48.tinypic.com/29dtggl.jpg

beelzeboobies

03-03-2013

...I think black cleaver is cooler than last whisper, on Quinn... yeah, you gotta get your stacks on, but it has more ad and additionally hp + the cdr (and despite her not relying on abilities, cdr is always cool !)

Vivace

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzeboobies View Post
...I think black cleaver is cooler than last whisper, on Quinn... yeah, you gotta get your stacks on, but it has more ad and additionally hp + the cdr (and despite her not relying on abilities, cdr is always cool !)
That would be good yeah
I sometimes run a Ghostblade though, just for the passive to make her EVEN FASTER.

ShakeNBakeUK

04-03-2013

I kinda think ghostblade is overkill on her really.

Last Whisper is probably better than Cleaver on her too, she has no way to quickly apply the stacks to enemy team (unlike someone like Garen or Wukong) - let someone else on your team get it.

Frozen Mallet + BotRK is probably solid.
Maybe something like Sunfire Cape would be good, for bird form? Maybe Randuins?

Do you need any other dps items, other than BotRK on bruiser Quinn?

Wit's End any good?

Vivace

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK View Post
I kinda think ghostblade is overkill on her really.

Last Whisper is probably better than Cleaver on her too, she has no way to quickly apply the stacks to enemy team (unlike someone like Garen or Wukong) - let someone else on your team get it.

Frozen Mallet + BotRK is probably solid.
Maybe something like Sunfire Cape would be good, for bird form? Maybe Randuins?

Do you need any other dps items, other than BotRK on bruiser Quinn?

Wit's End any good?
I did pull a Sunfire cape on that game score I linked, But really it's all situational. It depends if you need to go more damage based or tanky, depending on your jungler/support etc. I find she works well with both.

GoPorkey

05-03-2013

what kind of runes and masteries are you running on this sort of build?

TheBaconEater

05-03-2013

Rush Blade of the Ruined King and win.

C4bal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPorkey View Post
what kind of runes and masteries are you running on this sort of build?
the usual 12.5 ad, 1quintessence armorpenetration, MR/lvl and flat armor i would be guessing

GoPorkey

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4bal View Post
the usual 12.5 ad, 1quintessence armorpenetration, MR/lvl and flat armor i would be guessing
I had thought that with the runes but I was more curious on the masteries because I have been using 21/9/0 but I was wondering if building deeper into the defensive tree would help more as I have seen some builds top for her with 9/21/0

ShakeNBakeUK

05-03-2013

well bruiser is 09/21/00 ofc

bruiser quinn is nowhere near as good as a classic bruiser though, her base defensive stats are low and she has no scaling with defensive stats in her kit, so any classic bruiser will massively outperform her.