Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

won 9 out of 10 provisional matches got placed in silver 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InToDeep

09-04-2013

The explantion is the following

The placement matches start between 1000 and 1250 MMR i believe..
Gaining MMR is based on 2 things. Off course wether you win or lose and the relative strenght of your team and the opponents team.
The MMR gain is increased in the first 10 matches BUT is still influenced by normal league rules.

Examples
If your teams average MMR is 1300 and their teams MMR is 1400 youl gain more rating if you win, but lose less rating when you lose.
If your for example a season 2 platinum 1 guy doing matchmaking with a bronze V friend, youl gain an EXtremely small amount of MMR as the platinum. But you will gain a lot of MMR as the bronze.

How this applies in your promo matches is that with every win you face more difficult opponents (higher average MMR)
When you lose a game the system registers that as a skill cap and you go back to the previous MMR.
After 10 games youl then be put in the league where your MMR is average.
Because you start at 1200 you both need to win all 10 matches AND play against higher MMR teams.
However MMR is very inaccurate untill youve played over 100 games, which is why MMR between 1000 and 1200 is considered ELO hell. Due to placement matches people get put where they dont belong

09-05-2013

I hope someone can still read this. Here a friend of me an exmample who got gold after 10 games. GOLD 2 withouth a preaseason account. i hope this will help . thanks and GG guys. heres the website on lolking http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/44623934 or search his name, his name is Jajeczni kk

Noodlesoup

09-05-2013

I won 7 of 10 and got placed in bronze, had 2 runepages and did a lot of practicing back then. My brother also won 7/10 games, he doesn't even have good runepages and got placed in silver II. This **** is retarded

Steelswarm

09-06-2013

I don't know about solo/duo rankeds but in 3vs3 teams my team won 5/5 and we got placed in Gold V

CelsoJoseCastro

09-06-2013

Guys i want to know if the bigger tears, like gold, plat and abocve still has thse kids thats just troll?
Because i have reached 30 in the past month, and played my provosionals and got to bronze 2, i am now trying to go up, and i try to do everything i can in my games to win, i try to help my team, i talk to them and try to stop fights, i do everything i can to become a better player but i get really sick of always losing sometimes because of a troll kid.

Does goin to silver and gold make the time i spend in bronze worth it?

bjdjking

09-07-2013

Quote:
CelsoJoseCastro:
Guys i want to know if the bigger tears, like gold, plat and abocve still has thse kids thats just troll?
Because i have reached 30 in the past month, and played my provosionals and got to bronze 2, i am now trying to go up, and i try to do everything i can in my games to win, i try to help my team, i talk to them and try to stop fights, i do everything i can to become a better player but i get really sick of always losing sometimes because of a troll kid.

Does goin to silver and gold make the time i spend in bronze worth it?

Pretty much every tier has those problems...

As for my provitionals, won 6/10, got placed in silver 5 and fell due to inactivity. Now I amm bronze 1 trying to make my way back up again.

Annoying As Hell

09-07-2013

was smurfing 2 my acc's 1 was 9/10 won matches gold 5, 2nd 10/10 silver 1 so dunno how they look this...

Rokujo

09-10-2013

Quote:
750:
I hope someone can still read this. Here a friend of me an exmample who got gold after 10 games. GOLD 2 withouth a preaseason account. i hope this will help . thanks and GG guys. heres the website on lolking http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/44623934 or search his name, his name is Jajeczni kk

Must be because he as double the wins than his losses. I think it's based on your win/loss ratio? If so I might be in trouble...I am only almost 50/50 on my normals...

Rokujo

09-10-2013

Quote:
Noodlesoup:
I won 7 of 10 and got placed in bronze, had 2 runepages and did a lot of practicing back then. My brother also won 7/10 games, he doesn't even have good runepages and got placed in silver II. This **** is retarded

Could you just say if your brother has a better win/loss ratio in normals then you? Have a theory going lol...you have lost just over half of your wins. So maybe this contributes? I heard normals go into play of your MMR "hidden elo"?

Akahoshi7

09-27-2013

8/2 -> Gold 5 -- it probably depends on how you end your games (your kda-statistics)