How to build J4 Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EXO Tiz

26-02-2013

I usually build= Maldreds razors - Brutalizer - Warmogs - Sunfire - Randuins

But i think this isn't a very good build,any tips?

Also,what should I max first? Q or E?

EXO Tiz

26-02-2013

bump

KindaMehRiven

26-02-2013

You max Q first for the poke if you're laning as J4.
As a jungler, max E for the Attack Speed and Armor steroid, as this is the only ability in your kit that provides you a faster clear time (you can't really use Q to clear if you don't have Blue Buff).

Your item build isn't bad for being a meatshield, but I'd buy at least a Locket of the Iron Solari as an additional CDR item (Brutalizer only if you're really ahead). The more E-Q knockups you can apply, the more useful you are in teamfights. Pure tankyness alone doesn't really benefit you all that much.

Also, Warmog's, Sunfire AND Randuins is very unlikely to be finished on a jungler. As always it's important to react to the enemy team. AS/AD heavy: favor Randuins. Heavy magic damage: favor a Bulwark.

Iron Will

27-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattizz View Post
I usually build= Maldreds razors - Brutalizer - Warmogs - Sunfire - Randuins

But i think this isn't a very good build,any tips?

Also,what should I max first? Q or E?
Some people max Q, the build I generally use I could max Q aswell since I always build a spirit stone and not worry too much about using mana. But I go with E for the armor(helps me not need madreds) and AS because I run 21/9 mastery cause I like offence. Mind you this is only Gold V tier. I also generally run Move quints and AS marks, everyone willl suggest AD/Apen marks/quints, I did use them for a while but I found I perform better with more move speed and the AS is decent to get me off early game with offensive masteries, since I'm lacking damage without AD+Apen runes.

Item wise, I get spirit stone+boots first then a giants belt. Depending on how the game goes after that if I need damage and I know the enemy team isn't going to have too much burst I'll just finish the Elder Lizard stone, it works well with J4, more damage for autos and his skills(makes poking with Q quite nice and you clear the jungle super fast), and it also has cooldown reduction.

I used to build a brutalizer after spirirt stone, but finishing the Elder Lizard stones costs like 1600 I think it is, which is only 300 more than the brutalizer, I think it's better value for all the stats it gives, and really gives you a tonne of damage so you don't need the brutalizer.

Next up is a warmogs/locket of the Iron solari. And generally that's about as far as I get in games item wise cause it's usually over by then.

I've also tried the Iceborn Gauntlet on J4 and it works decently too, but I get it as a late item if the game has went on for awhile.

Best advice is to try different mastery/runes for a few games. Most guide you will see for J4 are AD/Apen runes with 9/21 mastery. I simply couldn't do well using it. So I went with 21/9 balls deep and Move speed quints and AS marks(move speed is epic).

Since going this route I have with my runes and mastery I've only lost 1 game as jungle Jarvan in about 16/17 matches, and that single loss was with one of those teams that lost all lanes even while ahead.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/28043698#history

Just a quick view of the items I generally get in my games. If you try out the way I do mine just make wise decisions early enough game because you aren't as tanky as you think, but if you play it well it really pays off.

p.s: I'm gonna try a 0/9/21 setup over the next day or 2 to see how it goes. I just love move speed \o/