Silver to Gold

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiztaZiggy

15-02-2013

So why do you get much less LP as you get toward 100 LP in silver 1?

I went from silver 3 to silver 2 by getting 15-20 LP per win, then winning 2/3.

Silver 2 to silver 1 by again getting 15-20 LP per win.

Now im in silver 1, the first 3 wins were +18 LP, then the next about 15 LP, the next about 13 LP, then 10 LP and now last game +4 LP and im at 93 LP.

Is it next 2 LP, then 1 LP?? That means ill need another 6 wins in a row to get to promotion series alone!! Then 3 wins out of 5....so all in all I need to win 9 out of next 11 games just to get gold?

How is that fair?

Im already playing against Gold V and Gold IV players pretty much every game, but im still stuck in Silver?

SNSD Sooyoung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-02-2013

i was on 95. won a game and got to 99....i then proceeded to lose 5 games in a row and get demoted

MiztaZiggy

15-02-2013

Epic.....so how is that fair?

Seems like you need impossibly good luck to win that many games in a row to get promoted.

To win that many games in a row, without out it just being good luck, would mean you would have to have a skill level MUCH higher than your current league. That's just stupid.

Infernäl

15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiztaZiggy View Post
So why do you get much less LP as you get toward 100 LP in silver 1?

I went from silver 3 to silver 2 by getting 15-20 LP per win, then winning 2/3.

Silver 2 to silver 1 by again getting 15-20 LP per win.

Now im in silver 1, the first 3 wins were +18 LP, then the next about 15 LP, the next about 13 LP, then 10 LP and now last game +4 LP and im at 93 LP.

Is it next 2 LP, then 1 LP?? That means ill need another 6 wins in a row to get to promotion series alone!! Then 3 wins out of 5....so all in all I need to win 9 out of next 11 games just to get gold?

How is that fair?

Im already playing against Gold V and Gold IV players pretty much every game, but im still stuck in Silver?
I just got in two consecutive games 10 points. Like 7 points the first one and then 3 points the next one. I am with 94 points.. i wonder if this goes to 2-1-1-1-1-1 till i reach the promotion LOL this system is broken indeed. And besides that, people with lower elo than you in this season are doing first picks instead of you. Feel free to fix that.

ece HoneyBadger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-02-2013

well as you can see in my thread it`s possible to get 1 LP

i am Silver 1 right now, and the last 3 games that i played i got 3,2 & even 1 LP (currently i am at 99 points); i wonder what comes next, maybe 0 LP

Qvar

15-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiztaZiggy View Post
Epic.....so how is that fair?

Seems like you need impossibly good luck to win that many games in a row to get promoted.

To win that many games in a row, without out it just being good luck, would mean you would have to have a skill level MUCH higher than your current league. That's just stupid.
Yeah genius, if you read the FAQ ingame, that's exactly what it is intended to. Since gold (and silver, etc) is permanent, you must prove that you would be able to mantain it if you want to achieve that shinny new medal.

Gootmen

15-02-2013

I hear you mate,

I just got 3 points for a 40 minute game. ~.~

Feeth

15-02-2013

They try to say you need to 'deserve' the promotion and not just a lucky streak to get higher.

It's based on MMR, sadly the calculations are utterly retarded for when you're actually under the required MMR but are still stomping. It just means you need to play games for a score you can't see to hit the right amount then you'll get to 100, the point of LP in this regard is just pointless.

MiztaZiggy

15-02-2013

it's ****ING BULL **** RIOT!!!

Just lost 1st game in about 8 and I lost 20 LP, so now I have to win 3 ****ING GAMES IN A ROW!!! to get back to where I was at 94 LP.....

How the **** is it supposed to incentivize people to play when it is seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to get 100 LP!!!!