Differences between EU and USA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eastblade

22-01-2011

I have heard this lots of times before that there are differences between the EU client and the USA client. I would like to know why there are? And why you do not synchronize the clients more so that they can be easily switched from USA to EU and visa versa. I think riot games would profit a lot from this option and the company it is working with. And you would make a lot of players happy with this. If there are differences between the clients that means that USA and EU are both missing out on some advantages. If you would combine the best aspects of these clients you would almost create a new game

Just Drop Dead

22-01-2011

Well, if they would merge the servers it would be impossible to play. The servers would get overpopulated and games would lagg alot more then they do, and people would be denied to log in because the servers are full. We already see those problems sometimes on EU server, Don't know much about US tho but I bet it's the same.

DocSmoothJew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-01-2011

Just an FYI Just Drop Dead, but the EU front end server isn't in the EU it's in California. I did a trace route a number of times and it's in Cali. I opened a thread to ask why it's like this but haven't heard back yet.

eastblade

22-01-2011

Not fuse them... completely, but making the clients more alike so they can put in the option to switch servers

SirRFI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

22-01-2011

There are no differences if we are talking about the game - same items, etc. EU just gets patch with one day delay (with exception for Trundle patch, where EU got it first!!)

There are "community" differences:
* NorthAmerican (not just USA -.- What about Canada? It's not small one) server has more expanded forums and more staff members.
* Game play style ("metagame") may be a litte different. Looks like NA focuses more on freeroam, 2-3 people fights. EU mostly focuses on mid or jungle wars with 5 people.
* Champion "styles" - I have heard of NA and EU Ashe style - item difference. One rushes to IE, other GhostBlade.

ExYsT

22-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastblade View Post
Not fuse them... completely, but making the clients more alike so they can put in the option to switch servers
You can switch between EU and US using ace client.

Shendelazare

22-01-2011

Yup, what ExYsT said.

Edit: Here's the link to the thread, but it's stickied near the top of the forums anyways.
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...read.php?t=358