how to get out of silver hell

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zydain

12-02-2013

@razorblade

i agree that the sole purpose of this game is teambased.. but it's really hard to accomodate for your team by giving them advices all the time while maintaining your own role as it is.. i just wish i, for once could tier up a notch without having to worry about my team that much...

the same goes for normal games.. wheras i have 1380 wins and 1381 losses.. oO

best regards

Black Raptor31

12-02-2013

It isn't a conspiracy out to get you. The chances that the enemy team ends up with a troll is higher than it is for your team. It may not seem like it is, but statistically it has to be the case.

Thus, simply by playing better than other players you go up against, your rank will increase. It takes time however. The season is barely a month old and you can't expect to jump up 5 leagues in that time.

Zydain

12-02-2013

@AsuriSMiles

i got all champions and i know how to work with or against them... the thing is... 2-3 players dont =/ even if you help them build counter measures or tell them how to positioning their spells/skillshots it still doesnt matter, since you have to account for the action when it goes wrong.. and trust me... with 2-3 players who doesnt know how to counter.. it wil.....

best regards

JshReaper

12-02-2013

i started in silver III and i got on a win streak with my first games, got 100 points but then i lost 2/3 matches (i did horrible in those matches and deserved to loose) then i went on a loosing streak after that and went down to silver IV (4) then i played normals for some time because i was really on "tilt" and couldn't win any matches at all, i started winning my normals and felt that this was a time to start ranked again.

i am in silver I now.

so my advise is that if you are on a loosing streak (doesn't matter why) just don't play ranked games (or even normals if you are really raging and stuff it is bad for your mental health)

Zydain

12-02-2013

@Black raptor31

im not exspecting to jump ahead in league with 10 wins in a row... it would just be nice for once to actually end up on a team who know their role and/or counter measures for the opponents instead of turning into 12 year olds and starts to flame/feed/etc...

i see myself as a friendly player who gives good advices or solves some of the problems that may occure in the game.. i even help out my duo partner if needed.. oO nevertheless i still end up with a loss... not because i did bad.. just that my team in general are farely bad compared to the opponents i meet..

best regards

Zydain

12-02-2013

@Mrjsh1995

and if you're on a losing streak in both ranked and normal what then?

i got 1380 wins in normal so i thought id be ready for some ranked games.. but tbh... the players i meet in ranked are sometimes worse than those i meet in a normal game... even when i play normal i get complimented for the skill level i got and asked why i dont play ranked.

best regards

JungleCat

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rn View Post
@JungleCat

i can jungle.. just not that great to carry on a team.. i'm much more comfortable with the other lanes i even like to play support which many apparently doesnt... >.>

tbh i find it really hard to jungle at a decent level sicne i like the right positioning of my team before i do so, so i can account for my actions...

i have played with many junglers and most of them just fly in with adc/support out position, either dies or starts to flame >.>

so again... i'm more comfortable with having a lane where i can account for my actions

best regards
i understand that, but either way, I would really suggest just sticking to one champion, I managed to get myself from 900 elo to 1200 on amumu, then 1200-1350 or so on nocturn, i picked up xin in season 3, and i went from silver 2 to currently gold 4, but I am one win off of gold 3 series.

My Lolking : http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/23633828

If you dont like jungle its fine, but I have mained jungle since i started playing lol, I find it to be one of the best lanes to carry games on at my current elo as I have a deciding factor on who wins every lane if i choose to.

I geenrally have a 2 gank rule.

If I can get 2 ganks on top, 90% of the time the lane is gg for my top, same for mid, it means I dont have to worry about them getting ganked as they should have enough gold to be comfortably warding and zoning their enemy.

Once I have 2 ganks on a lane, its secured> move on to next lane.

But if you dont enjoy jungle at all thats fine, but I genuinely think its important to play on champ again and again and again.

I only own 40 or so champs, I know people that own 80+, but my point is, I can play 3-4 of my champs better than they can play any of theirs. So I really suggest sticking to one champ/position, and getting really good at it, dont be discouraged by trolls, remember for every loss streak d/c streak you get, eventually it will happen on the other side. I have lost 8 games in a row before and then won my next 6, its just how ranked works.

JMaze

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rn View Post
Hey all LoL players...

this is probably not the right area to put this, but i think i can speak for most when the majority of the players in silver are stuck with low players/noobs/12yr olds/feeders etc etc.

i just want some confirmation that just some of you guys have actually managed to get out of the silver hell... speaking of division V and actually get to gold or higher?

just in my last 2 games, which i lost of course... i had 1 player who never connected to the game and a feeder.. i can only play my role as good as possible, in this case i was yorick top and i did fairly good vs jax, yet despise of this the bot lane failed and started to flame the jungler who actually did fairly well aswell...

in my second game i was mid as LB vs cho whom i outplayed, but wasnt able to leave lane because of cho's ability to push... yet despise of this our team supporter (taric) started to flame both the jungler and me for no ganks(even though our jungler was at bot several times) he did use wards.. he just didnt place them at the right spots... which we told him.. several times... he then resorted to intentionel feeding and flaming while our adc got outplayed and ganked with no support from him...

is there... ANY way.. AT ALL to get out of this b*llsh*t elo without meeting players as before mentioned?

i know i'm not pro nor am I in a position to flame on others...

my general view of the game is that it's meant to be fun to be played.. but i'm not peticular interested in losing either.. i'm not the flaming type either, i usually give good advices for all roles except for jungling (since i suck at that only :P ) but i can play any other lane with any champion needed..

i'm just sick of losing game after game after game wheras if i go check the top players who has +50wins in a solo queue.. imho that's just BS ! i'm having trouble leaving the 50/50 nad if i do it's on the wrong side!

i know i can go duo with a friend... but 2 players still can't account for 3 bad... no matter how many advices you give them or help them during pushes/ganks/etc..

so again.. i just need some sort of confirmation that some of you good players managed to get out the silver elo hell and got to gold...

best regards
Rn (EUW)
a frustrated LoL player
Move you fatass and roam and get kills

Kapuchu1

12-02-2013

Is this what they call that horrible excuse for lack of skill now?

*sigh* Some things you just can't get rid of.

To quote Einstein.

Quote:
Two things are infinite: The Universe, and Human Stupidity.

And I'm not quite sure about the universe.

Zydain

12-02-2013

@JungleCat

thanks for your reply, i'll consider learning how to jungle properly, your ganking rule seems like a good idea to keep in mind but what about bot lane? how many times do you intend to gank that?

best regards

123456 ... 7