Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Random lag spikes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoldiS

02-07-2013

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask if you guys were experiencing the same problem I have lately
Well... sometimes when I'm playing in a match the Latency display fills up to 4 bars, for like 1 second or two (for some weird coincidence this happens 90% of the times my lane gets ganked) and then drops down to the standard low ping, which is really annoying...
so... any solutions?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2493906037.png
this link leads to an image reporting that which should be the speed of my internet

Waiting for an answer...
Have a nice game

Dr Exlerth

Wrenchman

02-07-2013

Hello!
Are you using a wireless or cable connection?
Also, what ISP are you using? A wild guess, I guess you're using Virgin Media and live in the UK?

PoldiS

02-09-2013

Hey
I'm using a wireless connection, I got to say we always have plenty of devices connected (still not downloading / uploading anything relevant)
And no, my isp is Telecom Italia

DevilKIN

02-09-2013

random?
More like orchestrated.

Marzipan

02-10-2013

Also having these problems and I'm sick of it being attributed to my ISP because my ISP says it's Riot's fault and Riot blames my ISP.

I have a Virgin connection, 70mb/s.

Just pinged Google and got 13ms yet I get really random lag spikes which is making this game unplayable for me as one mistake means death for pretty much any mid.

I know that in August of last year there were similar problems and as above both sides blamed each other. I believe virgin managed to sort the problem out, it was to do with where the traffic went when it left the UK to the Riot servers.

Official thread is here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-Speed/Problems-with-League-of-Legends/td-p/1393144

Kyok

02-10-2013

I'm having same problem. Posted about it today and copy/paste tracert no answer so far.

b00mc1ap

02-10-2013

bump

I'm having the same problem.

Today I repaired my client and it seemed like it worked, but 10 minutes into the game it happened again and i kept getting lag spikes upwards of 3000 ping that made me go from 4/1 to 6/7. They happened every 30 seconds or so for at least 10 seconds each. There's no downloading or uploading going on and my brother, who uses iLoL on a Mac, isn't having any trouble.

Windows 7
Wireless connection through O2 ISP

WoosT

02-11-2013

Same here. Got 16k DSL, having no problems, but in the evening its unplayable.
And together with the promotion series this lag destroys the whole fun of the game.

Cypherous

02-11-2013

When you're next experiencing the issue do the following

On Windows vista/7 you click start and then in the search box type cmd

On Windows XP/2000 you click start and then click run and type cmd

A black window should pop up, in that window type tracert 95.172.65.76 and then hit enter, once thats done you need to right click the black window hit select all and then press enter, then paste that information here and we can take a look at it.

Judging by the complaints i'm pretty sure i can guess where the issue is

Verzwileon

02-11-2013

Bump, got it up to 13000 ping after a couple of minutes smooth playing... every game since last night.
Playing on mac