Trinity Force on Irelia. Your thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAmEmtee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-01-2011

Lately all the Irelias I've seen were rushing Trinity Force. And I wondered: "Am I missing something? Is TForce really that good or even MUST HAVE?" It's expensive, gives unreliable slow, extra critchance (which is good if you have an IE or any other critchance item, otherwise - why bother?), movement speed (meh, i'd prefer buying Force of Nature). Is this only about 150% extra AD on your attack after any spellcast? Am I missing something and this item is really cost-effective on Irelia?

Cheers!

Jaylin

20-01-2011

She puts all the stats to use, so it's not bad.

IAmEmtee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-01-2011

Not bad to capitalize your stats you have from other items - true. But why rush this item in the first place? Definitely I'm missing something

Roxoz

20-01-2011

I agree, I don't like Trinity Force on Irelia at all. I like to build her AD with a bit of AS and 1 Hextech Gunblade.
Bladesurge is better than ES and ulti scales with AD better :P

Jaylin

20-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmEmtee View Post
Not bad to capitalize your stats you have from other items - true. But why rush this item in the first place? Definitely I'm missing something
Probably for the 150% base AD after casts passive.

Trinity is good value for money if you can put all the stats to good use. Irelia can. It makes for a well rounded champion.

As for rushing it or not, I don't have that much experience with Irelia, so I can't really comment on that. However, there's more than one way to build a champion. An early Trinity works on some, like Poppy and Nasus. Maybe try it yourself and see how it feels?

Strifeee

20-01-2011

Well i build it on her too but more as 5 or 6 item.
I think sheen gives her a nice boost and isnt too expensive.
I agree with u that it s really not the non plus ultra item for her. It s ok but i cant see a reason to build it as her first item either.

ShakeNBakeUK

21-01-2011

Zeal is useful on her -> attack speed synergises with W ability, move speed bonus is a godsend.
Phage is useful on her -> more hp, more dmg, 25% chance to slow on a champ with high atk speed.

Sheen + Sheen proc = not so useful on irelia.
Irelia can do ok with a wide range of different items, but she doesn't really excel/synergise with a single item like say vlad with rylais or ryze with deathcap.

zbmRu

21-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK View Post

Sheen + Sheen proc = not so useful on irelia.
Irelia can do ok with a wide range of different items, but she doesn't really excel/synergise with a single item like say vlad with rylais or ryze with deathcap.
Her Q tends to disagree with you. Sheen is actually the best early game item you can get on her. the 100% dmg bonus of sheen applies on your Q spell every time you use it , making it hit pretty hard early game. What i find the most effective way of playing her is getting a core consisted of Sheen and Spirit visage , maxing out Q spell first.

ShakeNBakeUK

22-01-2011

so yeah, her Q ability does indeed proc sheen/trinity force, making them a solid pickup.

trinity force + ghostblade are two of the best items in the game for irelia it would appear.

i like to mess around with a lot of the UP atk speed proc items though, and max W first ^^

SirRFI

Senior Wrenchman

22-01-2011

Shen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane works with her [Q], in meaning it instantly uses so your [Q] hits even more. Some hp, mp, movement speed <3 etc. are also useful but after playing her a while I think there are better choices than Trinity Force.
Irelia needs everything - damage, survivability etc. so it sounds like Trinity Force is made for her. In my opinion it's not - the boost of "everything" is too low and You still need more of everything.
I think going AD+AS with some HP to survive works the best. Comparable build to Xin Zhao's build?