Can I go down a Division

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farangel

07-02-2013

Can I go down a divison when I loose games after I already got 0 LP?
Like for example I have 0 LP and I loose another 5 matches can I go down a Division?

Sublimit

07-02-2013

You can go down a division but not tier, so u can go down from lets say silver 3 to silver 4 but you cant dropp down from silver 5 to bronze 1.

Blacknsilver

07-02-2013

You will keep losing hidden elo if you're at the bottom but you can't lose your shiny badge. Yay bragging rights.

Domeiki

07-02-2013

theoretically you cant drop a tier but your hidden mmr will match you up with lets say bronze players while youre in silver.

Hans

07-02-2013

You can drop from gold -> silver if you lose points because of inactivity

Batzn

07-02-2013

you will only drop if the system thinks that your hidden mmr/elo is too lwo for your current division. so if your are a good player who just had some bad luck , your mmr/elo will be high enough at 0LP that you will not drop immidiately. but if you keep losing your mmr/elo will go down and eventually will be too low for your division and that will cause a league drop

edit: i meant divison drop, not league drop

sirDarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batzn View Post
you will only drop if the system thinks that your hidden mmr/elo is too lwo for your current division. so if your are a good player who just had some bad luck , your mmr/elo will be high enough at 0LP that you will not drop immidiately. but if you keep losing your mmr/elo will go down and eventually will be too low for your division and that will cause a league drop
This is actually correct.
Why did it get downvoted?

Slobolobo

07-02-2013

you drop pretty damn fast from a division, i got promoted won a few games then lost 4 in a row and boom back down i went.